El Cid?

rnr4thatsme

Is there any benefit to paying beforehand or are we able to just walk up and pay? I think we have decided on this one as it's close enough to walk... we are just interested in a few low key hours off the boat.

Also, if anyone has been recently- any opinions you'd like to pass along would be most welcome!

As El Cid de Ceiba is a hotel/resort, I would assume the availability of an AI package for cruisers/day (no rooms) guest would depend upon how full they are. Thus if this is the place you want to go, then you are better off booking in advance.

If you want to stop by on the fly, you can certainly do so. Also at the Park Royal next door. But a short walk further up toward town will land you at Sunset Beach. No cover, sand/shade/ tables. reasonable drink and food prices. Decent snorkeling, not the best but better than most south beaches.

I wouldn't reserve in advance because I don't think you can through the hotel and the broker site that allows you to was more expensive last time I checked. Also, they only offered AI (used to offer day pass and twilight I think?). Anyway we have never reserved in advance. I suppose at busy times it could be a problem, as Crew says, and best to have a Plan B! For a few hours we have purchased the less expensive pass in the lobby which allows you access to facilities, including Wi-Fi, and $10 credit towards food and drink.

Park Royal is also paid for on the day in the lobby with no reservations and I have not seen that offered through brokers.

There is a palapa kiosk out front of the hotel. They sell 2 packages. One is AI and the other is access with credit towards food and drink.

Stop at the Humane Society kiosk if you come into the International pier, and say hi to me. Patricia