St. Maarten/Martin

BuckNut8412

Looking for some ideas from experienced St. Maarten/Martin travelers. Will be there in mid March with my wife and 12 and 14 yr old daughters. In port on RC Harmony of the Seas from 8-5. How would you spend the day? May not do excursion here as we are doing them at Nassau and St. Thomas. Thank you in advance.

Lots of beaches. Plenty of threads on them on this board.

The Tween and Teen might enjoy Maho (Sunset Café) with the airplanes over head. But then again, as daughters, maybe not.

Loterie Farms is a good choice for something different than beach time.

http://loteriefarm.com/

Seaside Adventure Park offers horseback riding and other things.

http://seasidenaturepark.com/

You can take a taxi to either. No need for a ship or even private excursion vendor.

Lots of beaches. Plenty of threads on them on this board.

The Tween and Teen might enjoy Maho (Sunset Café) with the airplanes over head. But then again, as daughters, maybe not.

Loterie Farms is a good choice for something different than beach time.

http://loteriefarm.com/

Seaside Adventure Park offers horseback riding and other things.

http://seasidenaturepark.com/

You can take a taxi to either. No need for a ship or even private excursion vendor.

My early something 20 year old 3 DD's first visited Maho in 2006 and continue to love it to this day. Maho is NOT a girl - boy thing IMO at all. Maho is a great idea to me as the pics look great on social media and tweens and teens tend to be in to that, in my experience at least.

Easy to add another better "beach" to your day if you plan on going to Maho.

Edited by Karysa

My early something 20 year old 3 DD's first visited Maho in 2006 and continue to love it to this day. Maho is NOT a girl - boy thing IMO at all. Maho is a great idea to me as the pics look great on social media and tweens and teens tend to be in to that, in my experience at least.

Easy to add another better "beach" to your day if you plan on going to Maho.

I am definitely leaning toward a stop at Maho. That is something unique that we will not see anywhere else. IMO, just going to a regular beach is something that we can do on just about any vacation. I am wanting the girls to have experiences and memories. I want them to experience the culture with food and such.

• 1 month later...

My favorite excursion ever. We've used Bernard's Tours twice and you won't be disappointed. Last time we had the Mailman as our driver and he was so entertaining and informative. Our group of 18 (ages 8-65) had a wonderful time. Orient Beach is beautiful and airplane beach might be my most favorite place on Earth. Mailman even got the kids in our group right up against the fence to feel the blast when the planes were taking off (I've read from some people not to do this) but we loved hanging on to the fence for dear life - lol. Hope that helps and that you have fun.

My favorite excursion ever. We've used Bernard's Tours twice and you won't be disappointed. Last time we had the Mailman as our driver and he was so entertaining and informative. Our group of 18 (ages 8-65) had a wonderful time. Orient Beach is beautiful and airplane beach might be my most favorite place on Earth. Mailman even got the kids in our group right up against the fence to feel the blast when the planes were taking off (I've read from some people not to do this) but we loved hanging on to the fence for dear life - lol. Hope that helps and that you have fun.

I love your line " and airplane beach might be my most favorite place on Earth "

Maho is definitely one of those places that people either love, hate or feel like it's a one and done!

We still visit it, plan our walks to and past it, stop for breakfast or a cocktail and take some pictures there during our island vacations. We love the atmosphere. There's no other beach like it!

About the fence surfing :eek: We have never done this and never plan to do this! Hasn't made the bucket list just yet!:D