Upgrade offers

mnolan770

Just booked on Silhouette in late March. Haven't been on Celebrity in a few years. Is anyone seeing upgrade offers? If so, when are they coming in, after final payment? If so, how far out is final payment? I paid the full amount at booking.

I booked a C1. Are upgrades offers to suites common from higher priced verandahs?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Just booked on Silhouette in late March. Haven't been on Celebrity in a few years. Is anyone seeing upgrade offers? If so, when are they coming in, after final payment? If so, how far out is final payment? I paid the full amount at booking.

I booked a C1. Are upgrades offers to suites common from higher priced verandahs?

Free upgrades are pretty slim. We usually do an inside & use the savings for specialty rest. & excursions. We always get asked to "upgrade" to a balcony for about $100/per day. On a 14 day cruise(which we do on the Eclipse)this would add up to some real $$.

Free upgrades are pretty slim. We usually do an inside & use the savings for specialty rest. & excursions. We always get asked to "upgrade" to a balcony for about $100/per day. On a 14 day cruise(which we do on the Eclipse)this would add up to some real $$.

Thanks for the reply. Wasn't expecting free, but that would be nice. Just looking for something reasonable to go from verandah to suite without paying an arm and a leg.

Thanks for the reply. Wasn't expecting free, but that would be nice. Just looking for something reasonable to go from verandah to suite without paying an arm and a leg.

A lot depends on how full the ship is. If there's quite a bit of empties, you might have a decent chance.

Hard to say, will just depend on how it sells. Obviously you could pay whatever the going rate is for a suite now. Prior to final payment, if there are any price drops you can re-price (and accept booking terms and perks that are offered the). Post final payment is when people sometimes see huge price drops that allow them to upgrade for a small amount. But the suites could just as easily be sold out by then. There are websites that track cruise prices, would recommend you use that to keep an eye on price drops.

I've sailed on 3 cruises and have 2 more planned and haven't yet had a cruise where the price dropped significantly post final payment, in fact usually by final payment several room categories are sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

Hard to say, will just depend on how it sells. Obviously you could pay whatever the going rate is for a suite now. Prior to final payment, if there are any price drops you can re-price (and accept booking terms and perks that are offered the). Post final payment is when people sometimes see huge price drops that allow them to upgrade for a small amount. But the suites could just as easily be sold out by then. There are websites that track cruise prices, would recommend you use that to keep an eye on price drops.

I've sailed on 3 cruises and have 2 more planned and haven't yet had a cruise where the price dropped significantly post final payment, in fact usually by final payment several room categories are sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. Will check out a tracking site.