Stroller for a 2 year old?

caro325

I was wondering if anyone has taken a britax b-agile stroller on a cruise, and how it worked out??? I am taking my just turned 2 DD on her first cruise this upcoming Monday and I am trying to decide if I should take her current stroller, run to baby's r us and get her a cheap new one, or not take the stroller at all (my DD rarely uses the stroller when we are home, as I usually let her just walk and carry her when she gets tired but I was thinking I should take it in the trip so I can handle her better during embarkation and debarkation) what do you guys think?? is the b-agile to big????? any recommendation is apreciated

When our son was 2 1/2 or so, we left the stroller at home on a 7-nighter. Only my opinion, but I'd recommend taking it if a child is really not that in to walking yet, or based on your itinerary you expect to be doing a lot of walking, e.g. on a specific excursion, or lastly due to physical limitations you are unable to carry the child for short distances when necessary.

For me, a stroller doesn't always make ports/airports/etc. a ton easier since someone still has to push the stroller and then you have times where you have to deal with getting the child in/out of stroller, stow/unstow the stroller, etc. (Of course if you have a really long way to walk, the hassle is quickly offset!) Also he was fine walking around the ship which made life easier, since even with today's megaships, a lot of areas are still smaller than equivalent places back home.

Your daughter and my son sound similar so you may do just fine without it. I've known other kids that have demanded to be in a stroller until 4 yrs old, something like that, or any very young child, would be another story.

If you use a stroller at home, definitely bring it! TONS of walking, both on the ship and in ports....and it's hot...you don't want to have a hot body clinging to you when they are tired of walking! Bring a small stroller...if they won't sit in it, put your stuff in it!

Does your child nap in the stroller? If so, definitely bring it. My son especially after a long day would sneak in a nap and we could still stay out. We've only brought umbrella strollers on cruises but my kids are much younger. We wear them in carriers in most ports but find the stroller nice for embarkation and debarkation and getting around the ship. This way your not carrying them or worrying about them running off. In a safe secure spot when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums