Cartagena Excursions?

turquoisesea

The Majestic Princess is stopping in Cartagena this spring but I can't seem to find any information on previous cruisers and their experience there. Has anyone taken excursions here?

We used Tom's port guide for a self guided walking tour that hit most of the highlights of the city . Very well laid out and easy to follow. If you don't care for walking another option is the harbor cruise that stops at the fort. No need to book an excursion here.

Cartagena is very walkable, and there is no real need for a guided tour. Pay to enter the Roman Theatre [right at the start of the main street]:afterwards just have a stroll round the shops, with a stop for cerveza and tapas now and again.

There is also a boat trip round the harbour that takes about an hour, but IMHO not really worth doing, especially as you will experience the same trip enetering and leaving the harbour!

• 1 month later...

Cartagena has loads of "must-see" places not only the Roman Theatre.

I am planning a cruise for this 2017 and I hace contacted some local guides that I contacted them also for my cruise in Valencia.

They are oganising a private tour for me 4h Cartagena by private transport. They have recommended to visit the Punic Walls (beggining of the Cartagena´s history), then a panoramic drive to the Castle Explanade (try to avoid the elevator gets soooo crowded), and then we have planned to go down to the Modernist city center walking so we will admire the Roman Theatre from a panoramic view.

I really trust Ana & Jordi Linares private tour guides, as they organised my shore excursion in Valencia