Getaway 12/4 - 12/11 Speed Picture Review

CoffeeGoddess

^What is the best way to get a reservation for Le Bistro upon boarding the ship? Will somebody be at Le Bistro even though it isn't open? Guest services? Using the phone reservation number? Thank you in advance for your feedback!

There will be someone at Le Bistro even though it isn't open and that was how I did it. There is also special reservations desk at Guest Services that is right at the end closest to the bar that would also be able to help.

I have enjoyed reading your review. Thank you. That pier in Costa Maya is really long and looks like quite a hike. I have not been there yet but will definetly take the tram.

It wasn't so bad first thing in the morning but coming back after being the sun and having a few drinks the tram was a must.

Great read and review.

Question-

Any names/locations of special bartenders?

thanks

Sadly I did not get any names but the main guy at Chill Bar was funny and made a mean margarita. Of course Mr. Try-my-nuts at Prime Meridian was good as well and there was also a good bartender at the Sunset but I couldn't seem to get his hours down and usually wound up missing him.

Great review! I was on the ship that week and saw you both a million times. I feel like a stalker admitting that. So is Opfor converted to a cruiser.

Ha! I saw your review and thought you looked a little familiar, too. She loved it and would love to go again. Unfortunately her job isn't the best so it may be some time before she can afford it so her next cruise will probably be when I pay for it again.

There will be someone at Le Bistro even though it isn't open and that was how I did it. There is also special reservations desk at Guest Services that is right at the end closest to the bar that would also be able to help.

Thank you!

Loved your review! Thank you for taking the time to post your pictures too!

Can you please tell me approximately how late you went to the spa? I have access and want to know what time it opens/closes. On other lines, I usually like to get to the gym early and then hit the spa but I haven't used in the evenings but we plan on taking advantage of using it at night next month.

Thanks so much!

Loved your review! Thank you for taking the time to post your pictures too!

Can you please tell me approximately how late you went to the spa? I have access and want to know what time it opens/closes. On other lines, I usually like to get to the gym early and then hit the spa but I haven't used in the evenings but we plan on taking advantage of using it at night next month.

Thanks so much!

Hmm, I think the hours were from 8am-10pm with them closing earlier on the last day. I know there are dailies floating around and that would give you the actual times.

Hmm, I think the hours were from 8am-10pm with them closing earlier on the last day. I know there are dailies floating around and that would give you the actual times.

Thanks so much! I just printed November Dailies yesterday so will take a look.

10 pm is late and great! Thanks so much!

Great review! We are leaving on Feb. 26th!! At Harvest Caye in Belize, is the pool and loungers free for the guests of the ship or is there a fee ?

The regular pool and beach loungers are free. The cabanas are a cost and on the beach the loungers covered with the yellow pop-up structure also cost but I'm not sure how much.

I really enjoyed your review. I noticed in the beginning you said you had a "Toma", it looked interesting, what is it? Thank you, hope you are feeling better.

Once again we did Lyft to the port and were there by 10am. They had not yet opened the doors for security so we had a little wait but when they did we quickly got through and I headed for the proper latitudes line. We had our cards in hand shortly and headed up to the waiting area where we got a group 4 card. We sat down and then waited for people to get off the ship and boarding to begin.

And waited.

And waited.

Holy crap what the Sam hill was going on? It was almost noon and we still were waiting. They hadn't even started boarding the Haven or others. Opfor looks at me and says, "why did we get here so early?" "Because normally we'd be on the ship right now".

Finally they started boarding and we were walking swiftly up the gang plank and finally onto the ship aft on deck 7. Now the first thing I wanted to do was to hit Le Bistro and see if I could change the 9pm reservation I had for the 2nd night to something earlier. Before Opfor was going to join me I was going solo, then my oldest friend was going to go with me. She's a vegetarian so I figured I'd get the wifi perk instead of the dining since the specialty restaurants only had one vegetarian entry each and it just didn't make sense. Then my friend couldn't do it because her new job had her doing something that week so we worked it out so that Opfor could join me. So I switched to the meal perk but by that time the reservations for Le Bistro had basically filled up.

Once we got on the ship we went down one deck and I got the reservation changed. Unfortunately they weren't able to do it the 2nd night because they had a couple of large groups so we got it for Wednesday night. That done we headed to Savor for lunch.

Normally I don't eat at the MDR since I perfer to grab what I want at the buffet but Opfor wanted to do the MDR so we did. I ordered the popcorn shrimp and the grouper sandwich and she got the pho and meatloaf. After we ordered I popped out to the bar and got our first drinks of the cruise. A Toma for me and a Kahlua and cream for her.

31768772685_2f4d11ea4b.jpg

31396435760_69fb2a2e3a.jpg

Looks like I forgot to grab a picture of the meatloaf. I did, however, grab this for all you people who may have seen that RCCL thread:

30959213123_d6c1c13859.jpg

As we were finishing our lunch the announcement came that rooms were ready so we headed on up to ours. For this cruise I had chosen to try a balcony guarantee since at the time I booked you still got two perks and they were having a solo supplement sale. I, of course, picked the UBP and eagerly waited to see what room I would be assigned. I had to wait until 27 days before sailing until I saw that assignment. In the meantime I tried to bid on a suite but it didn't take long for the Haven to fill up completely. So our cabin for this trip was a family balcony 12136 and I got my first Latitude welcome gift.

31652634821_565a1d4337.jpg

Beds by the balcony made the room feel a bit larger.

31731582756_3d842f981d.jpg

30927383584_7aba46704e.jpg

I really enjoyed your review. I noticed in the beginning you said you had a "Toma", it looked interesting, what is it? Thank you, hope you are feeling better.

Tomas are good, they're lemon vodka, lemon juice, some simple syrup and topped with sparkling wine. They're on the menu at the atrium and the bar between the Taste & Savor.