Excursion help needed!!!

moonlitmagik

We are sailing the Pearl on 1-25 to Cozumel. I am not really a fan of the ship excursions (boring, overpriced), etc. I know I want to be on a beach. I may also want to snorkel. Id like to not have to pay to do both. I hear paradise beach allows you access to snorkel gear for the 18$ you pay which is great. But then their prices for food are pretty pricey. Save in one area, spend in another. And anyway, is there usually like, hundreds of thousands of people in the water?? I may book nachi cocum because of that. TIA for any insight one can provide me.

No good snorkeling from the shore at PB, Nachi or any beach with a sandy bottom/wave - they cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in.

For good snorkeling from the shore - but no beach - check out the Money Bar. No admission fee, good facilities, rental gear/guides if needed, and good food/drinks/service. The lack of a beach keeps the crowds down, especially families with kids.

Taxi each way - for up to 4 passengers in the cab - should be about $11+tip

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I think im just going to book the 40$ excursion thru NCL. They go to Sunset Beach, and have a guided tour whereas Im not feeling up to having to worry about taxi drivers and getting lost or broken down on the side of a highway... i know the chances are relatively small but this is near the international pier and within eyeshot of my boat.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app