Royal Princess Obstructed Balcony Advice Requested..

DaveyCaper

My DW and I, who normally book inside cabins, are looking at doing something a bit different for our next Caribbean cruise and booking an obstructed balcony cabin for our next one (the ones on Deck 8) on the Royal Princess. Specifically, the regular ones not the deluxe.

My question is does anyone have any advice as to what cabins to book or not to book in that category?

Edited by DaveyCaper

My DW and I, who normally book inside cabins, are looking at doing something a bit different for our next Caribbean cruise and booking an obstructed balcony cabin for our next one (the ones on Deck 8) on the Royal Princess. Specifically, the regular ones not the deluxe.

My question is does anyone have any advice as to what cabins to book or not to book in that category?

See:

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

By all means, use the link above to check into what is outside your balcony door. The Princess deck plans are not quite on.

We were in an obstructed balcony on Regal just over a year ago (same as Royal). I had booked a GTY, hoping we might get upgraded, but were assigned the category booked. At first I was expecting pretty much full block from a lifeboat, but we were almost between two boats so had lots of light and water view.

If you are selecting a cabin, pay attention and try and book one near the lower profile lifeboats and not the high profile tenders. You will have less obstruction that way as most of the boat is below the balcony railing.

Look at the link above, but if they are available, the absolute best are the bumpout ones directly over the shops (starboard). The same ones port side are over Crooners, so don't know about noise. These balconies have no obstruction and are often larger than the typical. Even the worst obstructed balcony has a view.

We try to book rooms over the rescue boats....the obstruction is minimum...we enjoy the mid-ship - mid-level location also....and close to elevators.....E439 on the Royal is a great example...

Edited by jlmkey