Special needs

jajo

A simple phone call to the Celebrity customer service line and have your reservation number handy. I have completed a request this way for our upcoming cruise departing next week. Customer service was great and knowledgeable :)

Had to phone again regarding problems with printing an Express Pass for one of our guests and was able to confirm that our Special Needs request was definitely recorded on our reservation.

Word of advice though - get in early - certain special needs requests have to be in either 20/30 or 60 days prior to embarking (depending on the special needs). The website and email options didn't work for me either :rolleyes:

I'm sure you have already visited the Celebrity website section regarding Special Needs - but just in case you haven't: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_10Q4_web_hp_ftr_accessibility

Please note that I made three phone calls to special needs to arrange for a wheelchair for the length of the cruise.Each time I was assured that a lightweight collapsible chair would be waiting in our cabin. It was not. When I called guest services they said they had never received the instructions. So we had to contend with a very heavy, clunky chair on excursions (and did without on board).

I have never made a purchase or called customer service and have them properly folow through to on board. It is a definite failing on Celebrity's part and has ben for at least the past 4 years.

Please note that I made three phone calls to special needs to arrange for a wheelchair for the length of the cruise.Each time I was assured that a lightweight collapsible chair would be waiting in our cabin. It was not. When I called guest services they said they had never received the instructions. So we had to contend with a very heavy, clunky chair on excursions (and did without on board).

I have never made a purchase or called customer service and have them properly folow through to on board. It is a definite failing on Celebrity's part and has ben for at least the past 4 years.

I am somewhat confused. Are you talking about Special Needs at Sea?

If you want a wheelchair for the length of the cruise, it is my understanding that Celebrity will not provide it. Special Needs at Sea willrent you one or an electric scooter if you prefer. That is what I always do and they have been very responsive to my emails and phone calls.

I am disabled and I can tell you that Celebrity does not provide full time use of wheelchairs, Fish Lover, so, if you were referring to the Special Needs department of Celebrity, it doesn't surprise me that there wasn't a wheelchair ready for you. Unfortunately, you obviously dealt with an incompetent person at Celebrity's special needs department.

I am somewhat confused. Are you talking about Special Needs at Sea?

If you want a wheelchair for the length of the cruise, it is my understanding that Celebrity will not provide it. Special Needs at Sea willrent you one or an electric scooter if you prefer. That is what I always do and they have been very responsive to my emails and phone calls.

Yes, Celebrity will provide a wheelchair if arranged in advance. They will not provide scooters.

So.I am speaking about Celebrity's Special Needs assistance telephone number.

In the past, I have also made pre-boarding purchases for flowers and chocolates and champagne. Never once were they delivered upon boarding and always required several phone calls.

No mater what department I caled, there has ben zero proper follow-through.

My husband uses oxygen and this last trip he decided he was running out so a couple of days before we disembarked I asked for a wheelchair and it was supplied.

The first person I asked said it wasn't possible . . . the second person ordered one instantly so it is obviously chance.

Yes, we had oxygen left over. We had a machine and bottles😁