End of Cruise Logistics

OnWeGo

We are considering booking a tour through Unique Tours. They offer an East Coast half day tour where they will pick us up at dock at 9:00 am and we are expected to return around 1:00 pm. What time are all passengers expected to be off the ship? Trying to see if we could leave our luggage on ship while we do this tour. If not, is there a place where we can store luggage? Will we still make the PG transfer to the day hotel if we get back to ship around 1:00 pm?

Thanks!

I am assuming that this tour is at the port of disembark and in the United States . If so you will need to pass through customs and border patrol with your luggage. You cannot return to the ship unless you are a back to back passenger in which case you can leave your bags on the ship . The tour company I am sure is aware and makes arrangements for your luggage . Make sure you have all your luggage as you pass through customs otherwise it will create a mess .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are considering booking a tour through Unique Tours. They offer an East Coast half day tour where they will pick us up at dock at 9:00 am and we are expected to return around 1:00 pm. What time are all passengers expected to be off the ship? Trying to see if we could leave our luggage on ship while we do this tour. If not, is there a place where we can store luggage? Will we still make the PG transfer to the day hotel if we get back to ship around 1:00 pm?

Thanks!

If you already have a day room through the ship why not just enjoy the 2 hour tour of the Tahiti Marae and the Cultural Museum. I assume PG still offers this for no charge, you just need to not check, "go to hotel directly" option on your checkout form. This tour is nice for those that have never been to FP.

To answer your question ... the transfer to the day use hotel is done by color code on your luggage. There are buses every 30 minutes starting around 9:30am and usually end around 1:00pm. I would assume you can request a late transfer but usually the late transfer buses are for those that don't want to take the 2 hour tour.

Sounds to me like you need to phone PG Cruises and ask them this question.

Anyone else had experience with Unique Tours? They sound interesting--we'll have a full day in Tahiti and have never done any touring other than the bus tour from the ship, and exploring the black sand beaches to the east of Papeete.

Sounds to me like you need to phone PG Cruises and ask them this question.

Anyone else had experience with Unique Tours? They sound interesting--we'll have a full day in Tahiti and have never done any touring other than the bus tour from the ship, and exploring the black sand beaches to the east of Papeete.

Good point Wendy, call PG

We toured with Unique tours in June and just put our luggage in the back of the van. Just send her an email and ask for her suggestions. It may depend on how many were on teh cruise and how many on the tour. Our original plan was to drop the luggage at the hotel where we were spending the night before the AF trip to LAX the next day. It was a great tour.

Update since my initial question… Unique Tours did come back to me and say they could take 4 pieces of reasonably sized luggage if the ship did not transfer our luggage. They also said they would drop us off at our hotel after the tour. I contacted Paul Gauguin and was told that once we put our luggage out the night before, we will not see it again until we get to the day hotel. So it looks like we are good to go for this tour!