Grand Turk with Kids

Iggipolka

oooh it's you! I was scrolling through posts and clicked on a review of grand turk and read the whole island report and I just realized it was you! Your posts with the donkey made me laugh so hard. and you've inspired me to do some research of Goveners Beach too. We are only there for 6 hours so I'm trying to figure out how we will spend the day!

I love Grand Turk and Governors Beach is so secluded and amazingly beautiful. You could explore the island a bit and then head to the beach prior to turning in your golf cart if that's what you are planning on doing (golf cart rental). It's a lot of fun. But if you feel like you won't have enough time to do that, right there in port is also a perfect way to spend the day. You could walk to the conch graveyard, have fun at the beach, do some snorkeling, or head to the wonderful pool they have there. It's an easy port that you can visit and spend absolutely no money if you wanted too. I love this port. :D We were just there a little over a month ago and we ended up booking an excursion to Gibbs Caye, which is a little island right off GT (you can see the cruise ship from there) and you swim on the secluded beach with the stingrays. They come right up to you and swim. It's amazing.

Can we go left off the pier and walk to Governor's Beach, Conch Graveyard and Jack's? How far is the farthest spot? ...and then work our way back.

Well, not really.

When you go left, you'll have to go out to the street and walk down the road to get to Governors. There's not direct beach access along the beach. You can go left and go to Jack's Shack following the beach. You have to go right in order to get to the Conch Graveyard. They are in different directions.

Can we go left off the pier and walk to Governor's Beach, Conch Graveyard and Jack's? How far is the farthest spot? ...and then work our way back.

Jack's is a ten minute walk once you get off the pier and get through margaritaville. Highly recommend lunch there! Delicious jerk chicken and fries or rice for $12. The conch graveyard is to the right of the pier and is about a 15 minute walk. Once you get through the duty free shop, head right and you'll see walkways leading to the beach. There is a nice sandy path above the rocks that leads you to the conch graveyard. I can't help you with governor's beach, as we did not visit it. I do believe you must take a taxi or golf cart there. I don't believe it is within walking distance.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if there is any place to for bananna boat rides or jet skiing?

We were there last March, and there were several vendors with various water activities. I remember a banana boat and giant tube being pulled behind boats, but I don't remember any jet skis. My girls actually tubed behind the boats for $20 a person.

We were there last March, and there were several vendors with various water activities. I remember a banana boat and giant tube being pulled behind boats, but I don't remember any jet skis. My girls actually tubed behind the boats for $20 a person.

Thank you :)