JetBlue and Yahoo e-mail

phaelon56

It's not Princess specific but an issue that recently affected me occurred in the context of flight cancellation notification for my cruise last week on the CB.

The evening before my scheduled departure from NY to FLL I received a Yahoo email from JetBlue advising me that my flight was cancelled. I got on the phone with them immediately and after some gentle arm twisting they finally agreed to get me on a different flight to arrive the same day as my original flight (they wanted to fly me down on ship departure day but I was determined to arrive a day early).

When I asked the JetBlue agent to email me the new itinerary and gave her my Yahoo email address she said: "Do you have an alternate email address? JetBlue is still having issues and negotiations with Yahoo about our email begin forwarded to their servers and about 1/3 of the emails we send through Yahoo never reach the end users."

Sure enough.... the new itinerary reached my alternate non-Yahoo address but never got through to my yahoo email) despite the fact that other JetBlue emails have in fact gotten through to me in the past)).

I can only imagine the nightmare I would have encountered had the cancellation email not gotten through! So.... word to the wise - if you travel on JetBlue contact them and change the email address you use for notification.

Several major email services have automatic spam filters that block multiple emails from the same email address. If you have a Yahoo or AOL email address, this is a good thing since it controls spammers. However, when it's legitimate, it becomes a pain. It should be a simple and easy process for a company such as JetBlue to contact Yahoo and get their email address "white listed." It's done all the time.

Archived