Cruise Select Promotion

MotherofTrips

which november 2017 breakaway sailing you are on? I am on the nov 5 sailing, the roll call is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425671

--

to answer your question, from the terms and conditions:

Unlimited Phone Calls:

Offer will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom. All guests in the stateroom will be able to utilize this offer. Offer only valid on calls made from ship to shore on the fixed phone located in the booked guest's stateroom and not from the guest's wireless devices. Subject to satellite availability onboard.

which november 2017 breakaway sailing you are on? I am on the nov 5 sailing, the roll call is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425671

--

to answer your question, from the terms and conditions:

I am in the same as you!! I just don't know what "unlimited calls" mean. Can you call anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

not sure about everywhere, but i think it can call any US telephone number. so you can call home, your friend,etc for free using the phone in your cabin.

Are you making this up or are you sure?

The many Canadians on the ship certainly won't be happy about this.

Why would it not be free to call anywhere internationally? It's not like a satellite call from the Breakaway in the middle of the ocean is a local call to anywhere.

What about calling a cellphone?

I have called Verizon I had the same question. They said no charge for incoming calls. I thought there would be charges for incoming calls from the ship phone. Anyone else call their mobile provider ?

Just got off the phone with Verizon again. No charge as an incoming call from satellite (from phone in cabin) to cell phone in US. This person seemed to know what she was talking about as opposed to last person

I have called Verizon I had the same question. They said no charge for incoming calls. I thought there would be charges for incoming calls from the ship phone. Anyone else call their mobile provider ?

No because the cell phone on land is being serviced by land based towers. The person using the satellite phone pays the bill. Same with international calling on land lines, only the person making the call pays, not both parties. Now if you are on the ship and your cell phone makes or receives a call, there will be charges.