Early Baggage Drop-off before Staggered Checkin Assignment

tomsuelaw

Sorry Guys! Yet another staggered check in question!!

Does anyone know if you can drop your luggage off with a porter earlier then your assigned time? We will be sailing out of San Juan and would like to dump our luggage with a porter around noon (when we have to vacate our hotel), but our assigned check in wasn't till 1:00pm. 1 was the earliest time I could get.

I don't see that as a problem. We did the same thing a couple of years ago out of San Juan, but that was before Staggered Check-in.

We just dropped the bags and the porters don't really care if you check-in then or not. They will still load them to be put on the ship.

We then walked across the street and toured the Old Port and area, picked up some soda at the CVS Pharmacy to bring on when we did check in.

Also did the same in Seattle for our Alaska Cruise in 2014. Dropped the bags early and took a cab down to Pike Place Market for the morning.

Edited by HawkIVette

I don't see that as a problem. We did the same thing a couple of years ago out of San Juan, but that was before Staggered Check-in.

We just dropped the bags and the porters don't really care if you check-in then or not. They will still load them to be put on the ship.

We then walked across the street and toured the Old Port and area, picked up some soda at the CVS Pharmacy to bring on when we did check in.

Also did the same in Seattle for our Alaska Cruise in 2014. Dropped the bags early and took a cab down to Pike Place Market for the morning.

I'd agree with Hawk- the porters don't care when your check in is, just that you have the right cruise docs and luggage tags so they're putting your bags on the right ship!

Sorry Guys! Yet another staggered check in question!!

Does anyone know if you can drop your luggage off with a porter earlier then your assigned time? We will be sailing out of San Juan and would like to dump our luggage with a porter around noon (when we have to vacate our hotel), but our assigned check in wasn't till 1:00pm. 1 was the earliest time I could get.

Yes you can.