Shuttle

Rnmozack

Anyone with experience with go airlink shared stutter from Newark airport to new York cruise port?

Could you provide more details? What is your sail date? Are you flying in the morning of the cruise from Detroit?

GoAirlink has not been discussed much on this forum. My impression is that with a shared shuttle you run the risk of making multiple stops in Manhattan before you get to your destination.

Typically the advice has been to take the train ($13 - $26 rt) to New York Penn Station or the airport bus ($17 - $29 rt) to Port Authority Bus Terminal and a cab to the cruiseport ($12-15). The logistics on the bus are a little easier - pickup at the arrival terminal and drop off on the street at Port Authority, which means easier access to cabs. Taking the train involves taking the free airtrain from the airport terminal to the airport train station and in New York Penn Station getting yourself from the platform level to the street level to hail a cab.

Every once in a while, I see GoAirLink (logo'ed) full-size van near/to/from LGA and/or JFK since I am in the area's highway and major local routes "airport hotel shuttle routes" ... they are about as rare as Super Shuttle's big blue vans. Multiple stops & pickup along the route before getting to your destination can be a pain as not all hotels are next to each other or around the corner ... often many city blocks & slow on a big van, not good when you are in a hurry.

While I am not a big fan of Lyft/Uber's ride sharing services, it's fair to say, IMO, there are plenty more of them driving around - picking up & dropping off, especially with the black "suburban" XL SUV. Norwegian Cruises (NCL) has a partnership with GoAirLink & provides a link on their site if folks looking for ground transportation & port/airport transfer ... They are essentially a booking service, who in turn contract with car service/drivers - according to one of our regular, established-CC member on this sub-forum.

Dial7 and Carmel are what I/we personally use as a reliable metro NY car service; and, rest of us recommended to others - and - all the feedbacks we've received are positive ... they are good with airports & cruiseports; and, licensed by NYC's TLC for regulatory/compliance. With all the unpredictable local traffic in-town, very often - a better & competitive alternative to the traditional yellow taxi in Manhattan (green taxi in outer boroughs). You can take as many luggage as you want/need - as long as book the properly sized vehicle. Airporter buses limit you to 1 pc. of luggage under the bay plus a smaller bag onboard the motorcoach; and, folks with mobility issues can find that challenging but it is good for solo & frugal travel who pack light - along with using mass/public transit option to/from EWR.