Priority boarding benefit - still at Port Everglades?

Had friends who are D+ board Allure today and told me the only priority line is suites and pinnacles. I told them no way; the second benefit listed on the website says priority check in for D+. They asked 3 different employees and was told the same by all; just suites and pinnacles and had only a general check in line that took over an hour.

I recall there being numerous signs and ushers throughout the terminal to direct each C&A tier level to the appropriate check in lines. Is this a deviation due to recent events and a hectic weekend at Port Everglades? Is it a change in policy for Port Everglades? Is it possible my friends missed the D+ check in line and had 3 employees tell them no such thing exists?

Not a big deal. Just curious; I've always had a priority line that matched whatever my tier level was.

We are leaving this coming Friday and received an email re: our Diamond status privileges and priority boarding is one of them.

We have never asked just went to the line for Diamond members. Ft Laud definitely has these

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Priority boarding has a very broad definition with Royal Caribbean. Typically there is always a priority boarding line for Suites and Pinnacle. At a bare minimum as long as there is a line for Gold and above they've met their priority boarding commitment. It depends on who (they outsource the boarding process) is running the boarding and how they want to manage things.

Had friends who are D+ board Allure today and told me the only priority line is suites and pinnacles. I told them no way; the second benefit listed on the website says priority check in for D+. They asked 3 different employees and was told the same by all; just suites and pinnacles and had only a general check in line that took over an hour.

I recall there being numerous signs and ushers throughout the terminal to direct each C&A tier level to the appropriate check in lines. Is this a deviation due to recent events and a hectic weekend at Port Everglades? Is it a change in policy for Port Everglades? Is it possible my friends missed the D+ check in line and had 3 employees tell them no such thing exists?

Not a big deal. Just curious; I've always had a priority line that matched whatever my tier level was.

I was under the impression status had priority check in. Maybe soon Royal may begin to enforce boarding by deck number. Lol. Check in is not boarding.

Edited by troykahack

I know Terminal 18 has priority boarding (if checked in prior to the boarding process getting started) for CAS memebrs.

Waiting area has designed rows for each level. Plus the first timers and Golds were on one side, while the top tier (Platinum and above) and suites were on the other.

Just not don't recall the security and checkin process beyond Suites and Pinnacles line.

I recall everyone (non suite and Pinnacle) having to use a different entrance and something with being divided based on deck. This is from what I remember from 2011.

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

I was under the impression status had priority check in. Maybe soon Royal may begin to enforce boarding by deck number. Lol. Check in is not boarding.

Sorry, I meant priority check in. I'm sure you knew that. There was no priority C&A line today at Port Everglades, at least according to friends who asked numerous employees. They've been sailing Royal for 30+ years and have been D+ a while, so they have been around the block and I just find it hard to believe they'd miss a clearly marked line or so many port employees would have bad information.

Sorry, I meant priority check in. I'm sure you knew that. There was no priority C&A line today at Port Everglades, at least according to friends who asked numerous employees. They've been sailing Royal for 30+ years and have been D+ a while, so they have been around the block and I just find it hard to believe they'd miss a clearly marked line or so many port employees would have bad information.

We never get there early enough to take advantage of priority check in or boarding.

What is the point of your responses if you have no experience? :confused:

Cruisers have been complaining about embarkation issues. Royal continues to send out emails for some sailings to arrive and board by deck number. We all agree it is not enforced.

One can/may discuss that Priority Check In is not the same as Priority Boarding, although some have received updated letter that seems to imply they are both one and the same.

That is why I am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums