Cupcake Decorating Class Question

I was planning to sign my kids (7 and 3) up for the kids cupcake decorating class for our cruise on the Allure. I'm not planning on decorating any cupcakes myself, but will most definitely need to be with my 3 year old to help out. Does anybody know if I need to sign myself up for this class or can I just sign the kids up and help out the younger one. Thanks!

We signed our four year old up for the class and my wife helped him during it. We just booked for our son only and it wasn't a problem.

I joined half way through it and it was a great experience. Dads role was helping with the eating back in the stateroom [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We signed our four year old up for the class and my wife helped him during it. We just booked for our son only and it wasn't a problem.

I joined half way through it and it was a great experience. Dads role was helping with the eating back in the stateroom [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Haha, sounds like the perfect job! Thanks!!

Did this on Independence with granddaughter 13 and daughter. You get one cup cake. Not much space to help a child -- only width of chair. We had all adults. Honestly this was hard for a pretty good home baker with decorating experience. Must know how to pipe icing and hand dexterity to make stars and place small candies (warning for 3 year old). Only about 20 minutes to make the little dog and one "leader" to help 10 adults. The fun was teasing the guys who didn't do so well (and were a bit into the tipsy stage of the cruise!)

Now if there are cup cake making for children in children's program it might be totally different. We found this sold out fairly quickly. Only happens by appointment. Fairly costly (@$30 each for "supplies"! from memory so might be more or less). It was fun and the cupcake delicious but I think not a fun activity for kid who just wants to eat the "supplies".

We did it a few years back my daughter 22 and my other daughter 17 and myself and oh my gosh we had so much fun. I think that's the most we laughed. We did it with kids and they made the cup cake look like a burger with ketchup and mustard spilling out. 3 yr old couldn't do it alone but you could def help and the child will get a big kick out of it. You don't need to be a chef to squeeze some plastic bags, and it doesn't have to be perfect ( mine proved that) it will be a wonderful memory and snack..lol. My husband took tons of pictures and we got lots of laughs out of them so make sure to have some one taking pictures of both of you. Enjoy!!

Thanks everybody! I went ahead and booked the kids class for my 2 kids. I will just go and help my 3 year old but I'm sure the 7 year old will be fine doing his own cupcake. I did this a few years ago in the adult class when my husband and I went without the kids and had fun doing it, so I'm sure the kids will love it. Thanks for the input!