Epic Christmas & new year - Changes to Solo gatherings

smileygirl_68

I was on board as a Solo doing B2B and overall had a fantastic time. However the solo hosts on both weeks told the group they could no longer book the group dinners that have been a key part of every other trip I've done on the Epic. The reason (excuse?) didn't make any sense, centred around it being busy these two weeks...pah! Various people complained and of course nothing was done so we took it on ourselves to make group bookings to make sure people weren't alone. Considering the time of year, there are many people travelling solo for a variety of reasons and I would have thought it especially important to look after solo guests. Anyway, it didn't spoil my trip but it was a pretty poor show by NCL...

merry &£!!@#$ christmas!!!

I was on the Dawn over the Christmas week travelling as a solo guest. Our solo coordinator tried to make a Christmas night reservation for us, but she wasn't able to do do so, perhaps due to the issue you highlighted. Good news was I had booked a reservation for that night only pre cruise as I thought I'd want a nice holiday dinner. Our group was able to use my reservation. I booked for 2 but our group of 4 was seated with no problem for my 8:30 reservation.

This was the first time I participated in the solo group and it made my week. I may sail the same way over the holiday this year.

Edited by Nola26