Documentation Needed for Cruising with Child Not Your Own

RobinKS

We will be cruising on Anthem of the Seas at the end of May. We are letting our 13 year old bring a friend with him, but don't know what documentation we need from his parent for both boarding and waivers on board for activities. Hope someone can help.

We will be cruising on Anthem of the Seas at the end of May. We are letting our 13 year old bring a friend with him, but don't know what documentation we need from his parent for both boarding and waivers on board for activities. Hope someone can help.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=322&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Purchase+&faqId=2702

In addition to that information, we used a form found at: http://www.childtravelconsent.com to use when we took our granddaughter on the Allure. You fill in the fields, print the document, have it notarized, have the birth certificate and you should be set to have a wonderful cruise.

Don't know if this is banned or not, but look up Vacations to Go Minor consent form and click the first search result. PDF will pop up. Use Adobe Acrobat text tool if you want to type the information in, but you can always handwrite it. Get it notarized and bam, that's all you need. My mother is a notary, but you can always go to your bank and get it done for free. At least the banks in my area do that. Used this on two cruises already. Never had a problem and the form is very simple. I have to have 3 on my cruise in April :).

Edited by DisneyDatknee

We take our granddaughters on a cruise often.We had to get a letter from my daughter and signed by her and my son in law stating that in case anything happens that they can be the responsible for any care.