Assigned boarding time on Harmony

Rick2594

Just checked in for an upcoming Harmony sailing and got an assigned boarding time of 1:30 pm. Been on many Royal cruises including sailing Allure last year and never had an assigned boarding time. My wife and I like to board early and usually are on by noon.

Are these suggested boarding times or are they mandated? Would like to get on earlier but also don't want to get to port early only to have to sit in lobby for a couple hours.

Appreciate any info.

The earliest boarding time can be limited by the travel plans entered during the on line check in process. RC may still limit the number of passengers with early boarding times.

Regardless, I have not seen any comments from previous FLL passengers stating that the boarding times are being enforced.

We ended up being alllowed to pick as early as 11:00 AM for Jan 28 and 11:30 for March 25

Just checked in for an upcoming Harmony sailing and got an assigned boarding time of 1:30 pm. Been on many Royal cruises including sailing Allure last year and never had an assigned boarding time. My wife and I like to board early and usually are on by noon.

Are these suggested boarding times or are they mandated? Would like to get on earlier but also don't want to get to port early only to have to sit in lobby for a couple hours.

Appreciate any info.

I asked the same question and someone had a boarding time of 12:30 but boarded at 11:30.

I am traveling with a group of 20 on the Harmony February 4th and all have different boarding times. Our private shuttle will be picking us up at the airport at 10:00. I called RCCL about the different times on our set sail passes and asked, if those with later boarding times, would have to wait outside the terminal until their scheduled time and they said they should be allowed to board with those with the 10:30 time. Hoping I'm getting correct information. Four of us are diamond plus and they said that would help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I asked the same question and someone had a boarding time of 12:30 but boarded at 11:30.

I am traveling with a group of 20 on the Harmony February 4th and all have different boarding times. Our private shuttle will be picking us up at the airport at 10:00. I called RCCL about the different times on our set sail passes and asked, if those with later boarding times, would have to wait outside the terminal until their scheduled time and they said they should be allowed to board with those with the 10:30 time. Hoping I'm getting correct information. Four of us are diamond plus and they said that would help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

You got it right.

I know Carnival has mandated boarding times out of Miami. I wonder if this happens with Royal if priority boarding will still be in place for C&A members if so that perk just became a huge advantage!

So far, Royal has not been enforcing suggested boarding times out of US ports.

I checked in for an April cruise a day or two ago and got the earliest time because I asked for it and probably because I checked in when I did.

In all the years we have sailed and all the times we have boarded when there even WAS a so-called "assigned" time we have never paid attention to it and we have never been turned away and IMO that whole "Diamond Plus will help" routine is just that: they don't know because they aren't the ones who are AT THE PIER.

Just SHOW UP and walk in.