re alamo car hire fort lauderdale airport shuttle?

fatjay

Has anyone used the free Alamo shuttle from FLL to Port Everglades during the last weeks? Used the shuttle last year with no problems, but now after online check in on my confirmationsheet I read: "Location does not offer pickup or return service to and from Port Everglade". Hope this is not true. My journey starts April 15th with Freedom of the seas.

There is no longer a shuttle from FLL. They shuttle from their new location at 1700 Eller Drive, which runs between Port Everglades and the airport.

Has anyone used the free Alamo shuttle from FLL to Port Everglades during the last weeks? Used the shuttle last year with no problems, but now after online check in on my confirmationsheet I read: "Location does not offer pickup or return service to and from Port Everglade". Hope this is not true. My journey starts April 15th with Freedom of the seas.

I have an email that says they DO shuttle to the airport dated January 19th for my Upcoming cruise. I have a reservation for the airport that is much cheaper than the other location. I guess we will have to get a taxi if they don't shuttle[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have an email that says they DO shuttle to the airport dated January 19th for my Upcoming cruise. I have a reservation for the airport that is much cheaper than the other location. I guess we will have to get a taxi if they don't shuttle[emoji849]

That information is outdated. The manager at the Eller Drive location was perplexed by the differences in rates and told me he will honor not only all Enterprises reservations, but reservations from ALL car rental companies, so jump on the shuttle and go to the Eller Drive location to pick up a car.

That information is outdated. The manager at the Eller Drive location was perplexed by the differences in rates and told me he will honor not only all Enterprises reservations, but reservations from ALL car rental companies, so jump on the shuttle and go to the Eller Drive location to pick up a car.

Got a phone number and name of someone I can talk to I just talked to 3 people and NONE had any answers for me[emoji30]?

Got a phone number and name of someone I can talk to I just talked to 3 people and NONE had any answers for me[emoji30]?

Have you called the Eller Drive location? See the link to another thread below. Ask for James.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52255775#post52255775

I just used Alamo last month after a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. Our rental reservation was at FLL, but the Alamo shuttle would only take us to the new Eller Dr. location - they would not go to the airport. The driver said it didn't matter that my reservation was at the airport location and that they were using this new offsite location now for cruise passengers. It worked out great, they had my mini-van I had reserved and it was way quicker and more convenient than going back to FLL. This new location just opened in Feb. so I would disregard any info from Jan. or prior regarding Alamo shuttles to/from FLL.

So I can use the new location for drop off and for pick up instead of my FLL reservation. Hope the have enough cars available. Is it still possible to exchange car at the FLL location (because of the choise line) if I am not satisfied?

Our reservation was for both pickup and drop-off at FLL. We picked up at the Eller Dr. location and then still returned the car to FLL. Same price, no questions, no problems.

We didn't have any trouble getting a mini-van at the Eller Dr. location. They had a good sized lot with many cars, vans, etc. Not a small neighborhood location with 10 cars in the lot.

We have used Alamo/National lots of times in Ft. Lauderdale. In the past they would always use a shared rental car shuttle that would take you back to FLL. This time they had blue and yellow "Alamo" shuttles that were only going to Eller Dr. We had just missed a Alamo shuttle so had to wait about 20 minutes for this one to return. In that time I didn't see any other National/Alamo shuttles that were going to the airport.

I should mention that our cruise got back mid-week and we were the only ship at Port Everglades so there could very well have been less rental car shuttle service than normal that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to throw this out there....I booked a car at a great rate April 5-8 for a total of $62.00 . On April 4, i had to cancel my cruise with my husband. I tried calling and NOBODY can help me because i booked it thru kayak. It was the Hertz on Sunrise blvd. they told me to contact kayak and kayak told me to contact Hertz. Either way, there is a 24 hour cancellation fee. Unfortunately, I didn't know my husband was going to have a heart ablation and we would not be able to go. Lesson learned! Just be careful if your prepaying

• 3 weeks later...