Power Strip Question

dreamovdocean

This is the one I have:

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8M102/

I checked with Belkin via two different communication channels and was told both times this one does not have surge protection. It has a manufacturer's warranty against damage to electronics and though I didn't ask them about that, I suspect it's (as Chief notes) an over-voltage protection feature. I like it because the USB ports have a higher output charging capacity which charges devices a little more quickly than other USB chargers we have.

Edit: we have not taken this on a cruise yet so I don't know if ship security would have an issue with it or not. I suspect not.

It's just over 2A total power. It's enough to charge 2 phones at once. It's enough to charge a tablet by itself, but not enough to charge anything else with it.

Edited by Lookingforfacts

It's just over 2A total power. It's enough to charge 2 phones at once. It's enough to charge a tablet by itself, but not enough to charge anything else with it.

Correct but as I mention, it still charges faster than any other USB charger we have including the three outlet AC/two outlet USB Belkin model mentioned earlier in this thread.

Correct but as I mention, it still charges faster than any other USB charger we have including the three outlet AC/two outlet USB Belkin model mentioned earlier in this thread.

I bet mine's faster :p (not something you should be in the habit of saying too often [emoji3])

Edited by firemanbobswife

Thought you might like that LOL! If you didn't need a regular outlet, the one I have works extremely well.

Definitely - yours has much more output power than the Belkin I use but as you say, you lose the A/C outlet. And the Belkin swivels 360 degrees so you don't block a second wall outlet (if one exists) or be limited by a wall outlet that is close to the floor or table top/counter top and oriented so you may not be able to use other adapters. No..... I don't work for Belkin. :o

Definitely - yours has much more output power than the Belkin I use but as you say, you lose the A/C outlet. And the Belkin swivels 360 degrees so you don't block a second wall outlet (if one exists) or be limited by a wall outlet that is close to the floor or table top/counter top and oriented so you may not be able to use other adapters. No..... I don't work for Belkin. :o

Hahahahahaha.

You should have seen the way I had my stuff rigged on the Glory! The cord for the power thing (whatever it's called) in the wall on the vanity, stretched out as far as it would go resting the power thing on top of the stool from the vanity. Then plugged into that the longest iPhone cord I could find reaching my night stand where I had my phone/Apple watch wooden holder. Then the Apple Watch cord plugged into the power thing with an Apple cord extension from Amazon which again reached my night stand.

After nearly killing myself getting tangled up in cords, nights 2-7 the power thing and all things needing charged remained on the vanity [emoji4].