Upgrading/inventory issue

thadlo

We are booked on a Feb. cruise so well past final payment. We would really like to upgrade from our interior cabins but as we have 3 booked it is a little harder.

When I have called RC they tell me there are no cabins available. I can however go to various 3rd party websites and have my choice of about 30 cabins. Is there a trick to this? I thought surely RC would be happy to take my money...

I've seen something similar, past final payment, 3 dozen D1 cabins became available, I first saw it on a 3rd party site, at least a day before on RCCL.com. Just tonight while playing around I saw on both site the royal family suites available which have not been in the last several months. Hard to believe these would cancel 5 weeks out. Again as always jmho

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've seen something similar, past final payment, 3 dozen D1 cabins became available, I first saw it on a 3rd party site, at least a day before on RCCL.com. Just tonight while playing around I saw on both site the royal family suites available which have not been in the last several months. Hard to believe these would cancel 5 weeks out. Again as always jmho

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The reason you are seeing the Royal family suites available is that Royal has now made them available for 4 or less people to book. They are usually reserved for 5 or more and therefore not shown on the website.

I've seen something similar, past final payment, 3 dozen D1 cabins became available, I first saw it on a 3rd party site, at least a day before on RCCL.com.

The US RCI site is one of the last places to look for proper inventory, but weirdly enough, their UK site is the best place to go.