Carnival Hub App

Orlandorandall

So I guess I'm a little behind times in learning about the app. How exactly does it work and what exactly costs extra and how much is it. Most of the information I keep finding online is from when it was first rolled out except for what's on carnivals website which for some reason just seems to confuse me. Any help would be great.

The hub app has everything you need while cruising. Yes it has internet packages, a basic one for $5 a week but doesn't have internet connectivity. Then there's one for $5 a day that lets you text everyone in your party on the ship which is awesome, no more walkie talkies or sticky notes. :) And it goes up from there with weekly or daily internet packages that include Facebook (including Facebook messenger where you can message people back home), Instagram, and other popular apps. But as you said, you've looked up the packages so I'm sure you're aware of them. What I like is the interactive maps of the ship. And daily schedules of all of the activities going on that day. And if you're interested in going to a show it shows you where on the ship it is. It also lets you know what restaurants are open and where they are. You can buy the internet packages through the app. For our 8 day cruise last year it was $99 for the whole week for the most expensive internet package and $69 for the week for the slower internet package.

Is the $5/day for each person I'm assuming? We only have one child traveling with us who has a phone so she is the only person we would need to use it with other than my husband and myself.

When you purchase a package only one device can be used at a time for that package. So we bought the $5 a day package that included being able to message everyone in your party for our whole family. Keeping in touch with the whole family was really important to me. Then we got the $69 weekly internet package and shared it. When one person logs out then someone else (in your booking only) can log in and use it. You can also log in and check your account balance which was really convenient.

I thought it was $5 a cruise for the messaging via the hub app and $5 a day for the social media package to use FB messenger and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes that's correct. I checked my cruise review and you're right. I'm on meds and my minds a little foggy right now.

Is it 5$ for each device for messaging? So my husband, daughter and myself be $15

Actually I checked my last cruise review and it's $5 for the whole cruise per person which includes the messaging. So if you want the basic package with messaging for all 3 of you it would be $15 for the whole cruise. For $5 a day (per person) the "social" plan will include Facebook, Instagram, whatsapp, Pinterest and Facebook messenger. For $16 per day (per person) the "value" plan includes surfing the internet and checking your emails, for our 8 day cruise it was $69 a week. Then there's the "premium" plan that costs $25 a day per person (or $99 a week on our cruise) which includes skype video calls and has speeds 3 times faster.

We are just off Conquest and this is the first time we have had the HUB. We loved having the ship map and Schedule of activities at our fingertips and you could save activities to favorite and view just those you were interested in. As changes were made, they were automatically updated (unlike the Fun times) You could also view your account which was kept up to date with charges, and you could book excursions, make reservations etc. Loved it. We did the $5 each chat option and were able to keep in contact with the couple we were traveling with to arrange meeting places, etc. One of the best additions to the cruise experience!

Sent from my iPad using Forums