Dominica & Tortola Shore Excursions for March 17

pete1

Hi, can anyone let me know if local shore excursions are available direct from the cruise port terminals in Dominica and in Tortola , if you are able to recommend that would be great. Many thanks.

Hi, can anyone let me know if local shore excursions are available direct from the cruise port terminals in Dominica and in Tortola , if you are able to recommend that would be great. Many thanks.

Price/Arrange one's own prior to arriving with the official organisation ?

Dominica Taxi Association

16 Steber St Dominica

767-275-8533

767-449-8533

767-235-8648

domtax@cwdom.dm

Cant remember about Dominica and it might depend on which berth is used (1 is directly in town and the other about a mile out.) but there are probably taxis or minibuses.

Tortola, the last time we were there about a year ago , there were open sided trucks/ mini buses offering various excursions. We chose an island tour with a final stop at a beach where you could remain or go back to the ship. I think the price was $20 each really good value and much cheaper than the ships excursions.

We were in Dominica in November last and did a prearranged tour with Nature Isle Explorers, they collected us from the port and we went snorkeling at the Champagne reef, a trip into the rain forest to see Trafalgar Falls, Ti Tou Gorge and then into the Botanical Gardens, total cost was $104.00 ($14.00 paid upfront as deposit rest at end of trip)

We had a good time even though the weather was cloudy and rainy, (the ship left the dock to a thunder storm), our guide was both helpful and informative.

Have a look at this review page

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1310495&page=9

http://www.nietours.com/

Edited by ascot2012

Hi me and my family visit dominica and would like to do a rib speedboat excursion to see the whales and dolphins.

P &o do an excursion but no children allowed

Does anybody know if there will be any vendors offering this while docked

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk