Recommendations for snorkel/beach excursions in Costa Maya, Roatan, and Cozumel

rainbolt

My husband and I will be sailing on our 1st NCL cruise next month. We were wanting to know if any of you have any personal experiences/recommendations on any of the excursions to see the BEST snorkeling/beaches in these ports? I have read all of the links on these ports , but was wanting to ask all YOUR experiences. Should we book through NCL or directly with excursion operators? Thank you ALL so much for your help! :):)

Costa maya we have heard that maya chan is wonderful. Have not been to Costa maya but when we do we will go there. Cozumel we always go to nachi cocum. Google it. Always a nice quiet beach day with great servive and food and drink included.

Cozumel at Nachi Cocum I have snorkeled via a local who took us to a reef.

Very clear water with enough drift that we didn't actually swim, just drifted with a current.

Costa Maya I took a trip with a local at Mahajual. There was a lot of reef, good water but wave action really made it an adventure. Water over the snorkel and and close encounters with the reef.

In Roatan most people wind up on the reef in front of Bananarama. I think it's the West Bay area. This is my preferred snorkel from your options.

Roatan - recommend Alessandro "Alex" of Roatan Eco Tours. Picks you up just outside port gate and drives you to the West Side for snorkelling at 2 different spots on the reef. Soda, water, fruit and beer supplied. Will also take you to the beach for a bit before taking you back to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums