Just back from 11/5/05 on Zenith, questions?

Luckyroot

Luckyroot-

Thank you for letting us take up so much of your time. I really appreciate the information.

I want to go back to the formal night question - what do you mean by "very nicely"? How many men were wearing tuxes? I've heard its usually around 50%.

How many women were wearing formal dresses? Cocktail dresses? Were there any nice pants suits?

We are sailing on 11/19, and I am starting to worry about my planned attire.

Personally, I just try to look my best and don't worry about how others look. At our table, the 2 men just wore jackets and ties. But there were men in tuxedos. There were women who wore slacks and women who wore gowns. If you think it's appropriate, then wear it. (that's my motto and I'm sticking to it!) I wore nice black slacks and a glittery, long sleeved top, gold flats and lots of sparkly jewelry.

Don't worry about clothes, you're on a cruise, don't worry about anything! :)

booked a 4 nighter on this ship for next month...dec 8th sailing to be exact...

any thoughts, tips, suggestions???

I would suggest looking at the deck plan for Zenith and try to familiarize yourself with it since you only have 4 days to get used to where things are.

For example: We kept getting confused about which elevator went to which deck (aft elevator, deck 7 you can ONLY get into the dining room......and only if it's open) Mid-ship elevator only goes to deck 10 (deck 11 is the pool area) and Forward Elevator goes all the way to deck 12 (the spa)

we are flying into FLL so we'll need transportation to / from Miami port...any ideas??? prices???

We flew into Miami, but I have a friend who's sailing in February who's flying into FLL and using Celebrity's transfers. I"ll see if I can get more info from her when I talk to her tonight.

Thanks for the quick reply to my questions!

I hope they still have some of the great shopping deals you spoke of left when we get there! Were the $10 sets and $5 pashimas all through the cruise or only at the end?

Thanks again.

I am getting SO excited!!!!!!!!!

P>S.

For anyone going on the Zenith after us on 11/19, I will be more than willing to answer questions! :D

Thanks for the quick reply to my questions!

I hope they still have some of the great shopping deals you spoke of left when we get there! Were the $10 sets and $5 pashimas all through the cruise or only at the end?

Thanks again.

The $10 sets are always in the store, so I'm sure they'll still have them.......my sister bought several sets when we were on Zenith in summer of 2004. If you don't like the selection on the ship, there was a store in Key West (next to the Mad Hatter I think?) that also had the same ones. The $5 pashmina's were a discontinued color, so when they are gone, they're gone, but they were nice. A Peachy-Orange color and 2 other similar shades. But they had a whole range of other colors for $10 each.......my daughter was cold and found a hot pink one that matched her dress perfectly.

The only thing I will say is.......if you see something you like on sale, buy it then. We saw some cute evening bags for $10 each, but when we went back another night to get one, they weren't out anymore.

Thank you so much Luckyroot for your quick reply concerning formal attire. I think I read too many message boards, and I was starting to doubt myself.

(I don't want the be THAT person who can't seem to follow rules).

I especially appreciate you sharing what you wore for formal night. I am planning to wear black pants and a beaded top. I had almost convinced myself that I needed to go out and buy a dress.

I appreciate it!

Thanks for the review Luckyroot. I was so curious to hear what was done in dry dock. Glad you had such a good time. How was the dining room service? Great as usual? Who were your servers? Did you try the chocolate croissants in the Cova Cafe?

Thanks again.

Our waiter was Mircea from Romania and his assistant was Alexander from Jamaica. Our Asst Matre'D was Gilroy (I think from India?) The service was outstanding!

Yes we had chocolate croissants.......don't you just LOVE them???!!! :D

Hi,:) I am flying into FLL in February and sailing on Zenith too.

The Celebrity transfer is 20.00, which is quite reasonable in my opinion.

My flight arrives at 10:40am and I am hoping after retreiving my

luggage and going down to Miami, boarding will be pretty quick:)

hi! we are new to Celebrity but not to cruising....we have sailed royal caribbean, princess and carnival...

booked a 4 nighter on this ship for next month...dec 8th sailing to be exact...

any thoughts, tips, suggestions???

we are flying into FLL so we'll need transportation to / from Miami port...any ideas??? prices???

thanks!

Marsha

Marsha - come join our rollcall. The link is in my signature... We'd love to have you chat with us.:)

Yes those chocolate croissants can be very habit forming ;).

I think the best part of Zenith is the outstanding service and the warmth of the crew who all seem to take such great pride in their ship. We sailed Zenith 2x this summer and on the second trip it was like coming home to family. We can't wait to go back again.

Thanks for all the information.

1.) HOw was the food in general?

2.) My daughter was wondering if they have a buffet, pizza, french fries) by the pool?

3.) Did you notice if there was any new refurbishments in the Windsurf Cafe?

4.) HOw was the food in the windsurf cafe? ice cream?

ANy response greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Sue

1.) HOw was the food in general?

Food was good but I can't say it was outstanding. Nothing on the menu that just screamed "you GOTTA have me" other than my absolute favorite creme brulee

2.) My daughter was wondering if they have a buffet, pizza, french fries) by the pool?

There is a buffet in the Windsurf cafe during breakfast (6:30am-11:45am) and lunch (noon till 2:30 or 3) Pizza, pasta and hamburgers are available from noon till approx 7pm. My daughter thinks the french fries are the best she's ever had, and I think she managed to eat some every day on this cruise!

3.) Did you notice if there was any new refurbishments in the Windsurf Cafe?

Did not notice any upgrades in Windsurf.

4.) HOw was the food in the windsurf cafe? ice cream?

We enjoyed the food in the Windsurf very much, and the ice cream was good too!

Carnyman: There were not a lot of children your daughter's age, but then we went during a school week. There were a few, but not a lot. Mostly we saw infants (there was one baby that couldn't have been more than 6 weeks old! and many 1-2 year olds.

Archived