Different Ideas

BuckNut8412

So I am going to be cancelling the sea lion swim I have booked at Coral World. I foolishly booked strait with Coral World without taking into account how close we would be cutting it to get there on time. If the ship is late even by a little bit I would be out the cost. My question is what activities do you recommend. It is our first time at St. Thomas. It will be me, my wife and our 12 and 14 year old daughters. Thank you in advance.

Looks like you're docked at Crown Bay with 7,000 fellow cruisers, and there are 2 ships at Havensight with another 6,000. So not a terribly busy day but it is busy. And your port times are 10 - 7?

For a beach day Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) is very close to port, all the amenities you want and a decent beach. Would avoid Magens Bay and Coki unless you like a busier vibe. For a very nice beach consider Sapphire Beach on the East End, taxi will be $11 - 12pp each way.

For a slightly more adventurous day consider a taxi to Red Hook and the ferry to Cruz bay, St. John. Head for a beach or take an island tour and get dropped at a beach. Price is about $52pp for the beach, or $70pp for the tour and beach.

Or a day sail on a monohull is always exciting whether you snorkel or not, but I don't think you'll be able to do that with the independent operators because of your port times. There is a Champagne cat sail offered through the cruise lines that takes you to STJ and is very nice.

There's the zip line as well.

Anything sound interesting?

Right at Emerald Beach is a kayak snorkel excursion that gets excellent reviews. People always seem to see turtles.

I can't remember the name of the company but if you google Emerald Beach kayak excursion the name of the company should come up.

It's also a very affordable excursion, imo.

Right at Emerald Beach is a kayak snorkel excursion that gets excellent reviews. People always seem to see turtles.

I can't remember the name of the company but if you google Emerald Beach kayak excursion the name of the company should come up.

It's also a very affordable excursion, imo.

Good idea! You can also grab lunch at either the Emerald Beach Resort or Island Beachcomber if not included with the excursion :)