How to go to the baths on your own?

gl339

No, all taxis would the right there at the ferry dock. We've only been there when no cruise ships were in port and there were several smaller 6 - 8 passenger safari taxis to meet the ferry. So perhaps the Speedy's ferries only come when there are ships in port, not sure. I didn't realize Speedy's had "Speedy's" taxis, I thought the taxi voucher they sold would be accepted by any taxi but that's not the case apparently...

Thank you for clarifying. From our experience, it appears Speedy's has a different plan when NCL Escape is in port than possibly other ships. It must be that on other days or when other ships are in port with longer port hours the taxi is not included in the ferry price and there are many taxis waiting at the dock. People may not all be going to the Baths if they have a longer day.

My guess is that because the Escape has such short port hours, the Baths may experience higher crowds than when other ships are in port with longer hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My guess is that because the Escape has such short port hours, the Baths may experience higher crowds than when other ships are in port with longer hours.

That is definitely the case. Folks with longer port times are actually able to work around the biggest crowds at the Baths, and the drivers can help with that and the fares around the Valley area are very reasonable. But with a short port time there is no real option...

• 9 months later...
Can I walk down the rocky path with a beach bag? How wet do you get?

Do you recommend wearing water shoes or sandals?

A backpack is easier on the trail down to The Baths, but it is do-able with a beach bag. The path winds down the hill, through the trees and boulders, so it's not a flat, smooth hike. If you are going to Spring Bay instead of The Baths, the walk from the parking lot is short and flat, so that is definitely easy with a beach bag.

How wet you get depends on if you go in the water (or if its raining).

We always wear good walking/water shoes like Keens when we go to the baths. Watch out for the sea urchins when you're wading in there.

Enjoy! It's a beautiful place!

Can I walk down the rocky path with a beach bag? How wet do you get?

Do you recommend wearing water shoes or sandals?

You can. The problem isn’t really the path going down, it’s walking through the baths. It’s a 1 way loop. You walk down 1 path, through the baths, and back up the other.

Definately wear water shoes or sneakers. The rocks are slippery. The water is up to waist deep in some places.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums