Bermuda Questions

Bethwte

I hope these don't sound too dumb, but I've never been to Bermuda/on a cruise that stays overnight for a few nights at a port like the cruises to Bermuda do. ..

1. Everyone comes back to their cabins to sleep for the most part each night, correct?

2. On days when you're in port, do you still have you assigned dining tables? I know on some other cruises I've been on, if you're in port through dinner, it turns to come-as-you wish and get seated with whomever seating. Also, if it is still assigned seating, should we expect to see tablemates, or not?

3. What is there to do in the nighttime in Bermuda? What is the drinking age there? (I believe it is British, and therefore 18...?) If not, would there be anything for a 19 year old to do there at night, or would she be restricted from all the bars, etc there?

4. What is the ship like during the day. Is it deserted (or close to it) like it would be on a regular cruises port-days?

5. Summertime (July/August)- What is the weather like? I know most leave from Northeastern ports, and I am familiar with the weather there, but I do not know the general temperatures/weather for Bermuda.

6. Ages of Passengers... Around that same timeframe (July/August), what kinds of demographics will I see? School-aged children, older teens and young adults, families, "older folks" (sorry, I can't think of a PC way to put that)? If there will be kids, how many and what ages should I expect?

Thanks in advance :)

1. Everyone comes back to their cabins to sleep for the most part each night, correct?

Yes Bermuda is not an all night Island

2. On days when you're in port, do you still have you assigned dining tables?

Only at Dinner

I know on some other cruises I've been on, if you're in port through dinner, it turns to come-as-you wish and get seated with whomever seating. Also, if it is still assigned seating, should we expect to see tablemates, or not?

except for NCL(freestyle-you can eat withanyone you want to or no one)

3. What is there to do in the nighttime in Bermuda? What is the drinking age there? (I believe it is British, and therefore 18...?) If not, would there be anything for a 19 year old to do there at night, or would she be restricted from all the bars, etc there?

Don't know.

4. What is the ship like during the day. Is it deserted (or close to it) like it would be on a regular cruises port-days?

Most people are off during the day but the majority return for lunch.

5. Summertime (July/August)- What is the weather like? I know most leave from Northeastern ports, and I am familiar with the weather there, but I do not know the general temperatures/weather for Bermuda.

Bermuda gets hot and sticky during the summer.

you can see what is histoirical weather at

http://www.weather.bm

6. Ages of Passengers... Around that same timeframe (July/August), what kinds of demographics will I see? School-aged children, older teens and young adults, families, "older folks" (sorry, I can't think of a PC way to put that)? If there will be kids, how many and what ages should I expect?

It varies some younger people but again this isn't a party island.

my husband and i went to bermuda last august for a land vacation. we absolutely fell in love with the place. we knew that we wnated to retun with our 2 sons (17 and 15). a land vacation would be too cost prohibitive and since we LOVE to cruise it was just logical that we take a cruise to bermuda.

we are booked on the explorer leaving from new jersey on june 25th. we are very excited because this will be our first time on a "mega" ship. when we were in bermuda in august, there were many families at our hotel and at every beach that we went to. you didn't mention.....do you have kids? i think that cruising to bermuda is the best of all worlds.

I may be mistaken, but it seems like you are trying to see if there will be people your age/nightlife/etc. for you on the cruise ship and in bermuda. I'm 23 and I just went to Bermuda on the Norweigian Majesty in August.

There was a big range of age differences on the ship. Lots of families. The disco on the ship stayed open pretty late each night, and I believe it was open to those over the age of 18 at that time of night. We had a lot of fun there each night. As for drinking on the ship, each cruise line has their own rules. Some do allow wine/beer for those underage with parent's permission, so I would check each cruiseline.

As for nightlife in Bermuda, it seemed pretty slow. We usually chose to stick to the ship at night.

Archived