Reflection aft vs reg. balcony

screamin400

Doing our first aft cabin next week on Navigator of the Seas. We have room 7366 reserved for 2018 on the Reflection. I am pretty sure I will like the aft cabin but in hindsight right now it is a pretty expensive upgrade. I could get a basic balcony in an basic spot for almost 1000 less on an 11 day cruise. 7366 appears to be a wider balcony but no where near the size we will be on next week from my understanding. Pretty sure next week will tell all but do you folks think an aft is worth 1000? Anyone know how much larger this aft is? Thanks

The balcony on that cabin about 4 feet longer than a standard balcony- we have stayed in those before. The extra space is nice but I wouldn't pay $1000 more for it.

You didn't mention your itinerary and that may be a factor to consider. We had the large aft balcony on a Alaska cruise and had great views with the added bonus of the ship sheltering the wind. That is worth extra.

These balconies have minimal cover so are exposed to the sun. On a Australia cruise the sun on the sliding door made the cabin so hot that we had to close the curtains by 11am & by 5 in the evening we had to open the door to the hall to try and get some cool air into the cabin.

Because there is no overhang the people on the decks above can look down onto your balcony, so unless you are very near the door make sure you aren't giving your fellow passengers an unintended show:eek:

Not sure I would pay 1k for it, but an Aft cabin is worth a lot to me, others would not want it if it was the same price.

It's really a subjective thing, down to the individual's taste.

Cheers

Gerry

Doing our first aft cabin next week on Navigator of the Seas. We have room 7366 reserved for 2018 on the Reflection. I am pretty sure I will like the aft cabin but in hindsight right now it is a pretty expensive upgrade. I could get a basic balcony in an basic spot for almost 1000 less on an 11 day cruise. 7366 appears to be a wider balcony but no where near the size we will be on next week from my understanding. Pretty sure next week will tell all but do you folks think an aft is worth 1000? Anyone know how much larger this aft is? Thanks

At least it's good you have deck 7 on the Refl, deck 6 is obstructed with the lifeboats. On deck 7 you can see out, but not down if 2D cat.