August in Bermuda

Sandi07054

There is always a chance. I have sailed to Bermuda on 8 times on different ships but always between July and October. I have been lucky. Have never been bothered by a hurricane. Did have on Atlantic Storm with huge waves for 24 hours but that is it. It is always a crap shoot.

There is always a chance. I have sailed to Bermuda on 8 times on different ships but always between July and October. I have been lucky. Have never been bothered by a hurricane. Did have on Atlantic Storm with huge waves for 24 hours but that is it. It is always a crap shoot.

I have been bothered in August and September. Once at the end of August was delayed departing New York a day. The hurricane had actually hit New York City. Lost a day on that one. Twice in September left Bermuda a day early to return. Once the hurricane was heading toward Bermuda so had an extra sea day to get out ahead of it. The other time the hurricane was heading up the east coast and we went south and followed after it home, getting sn extra sea day.

I am nervous about them as a result have been avoiding booking late August, or the months of September and October. It is not only missing time in Bermuda. The rough seas can be unpleasant. Not so much to me but the barf bags being used by some can leave an unpleasant ambience.

Edited by Charles4515