Sunshine 555 Steakhouse

sand_and_sun

First night is a little more relaxed on the dress code. I would suggest no shorts though, it really is a nice dining experience. And be sure to check out the Bonsai Sushi across the hall (if you like sushi!)They are both "out of the way" on the Sunshine, but well worth the time to visit!

We were told "no shorts" mid cruise on a casual evening but they let a guy in with them and a tshirt. He was under dressed but like many on this forum simply may not have cared.

If it were me, I would wear or pack in my carry on a pair of slacks and a polo shirt for a man, and a wrinkle free sundress and sandals for women. That way I know we are appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were told "no shorts" mid cruise on a casual evening but they let a guy in with them and a tshirt. He was under dressed but like many on this forum simply may not have cared.

If it were me, I would wear or pack in my carry on a pair of slacks and a polo shirt for a man, and a wrinkle free sundress and sandals for women. That way I know we are appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Pride 2 weeks ago I saw this too. One man was sent away, another allowed in with shorts on. First night I've seen them enforce no shorts.

On cruise casual nights (not formal nights) nice shorts are permitted in the dining room, it's been this way for some time.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

And yes, on the first night it is very relaxed. Many don't have their luggage or are not unpacked yet.

On cruise casual nights (not formal nights) nice shorts are permitted in the dining room, it's been this way for some time.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

And yes, on the first night it is very relaxed. Many don't have their luggage or are not unpacked yet.

I agree...in the MDR. But NO shorts are allowed in the Steakhouse. Period.

• 1 month later...