Ontario to Baltimore, any advice?

mummified

We'll be driving from the Toronto area to Baltimore on March 11. We plan on taking hwy 15 through Pennsylvania, to hwy 22 to hwy 83. I figure we'll stop for lunch somewhere around Williamsport PA. Any advice on restaurants that aren't too fay off the highway? Any must see places along the way? Not looking for museums or anything, just anywhere that would be a nice place to stop and stretch our legs.

Also, we're staying at the Best Western BWI north (Belle Road). I know they offer parking for the duration of your cruise and shuttle service to the port. Do I need to call in advance to schedule this, or is it just something offered to all guests? Perhaps I will give them a call to confirm. Are there any good restaurants around the hotel for dinner? Anything fun to do within walking distance?

TIA!!

Hi Mummified. My husband I are driving down from Toronto March 11th also. Hoping for good weather and excited to start our first cruise the next day. Hopefully some advise is given on the route down, if not we will just take our chances on finding something on the way.

Are you on Carnival as well? I usually just plug our destination into Google maps and it usually gives us the best route. Do you live in Toronto? We're in a small town near Guelph. Can't wait to cruise, this is our 2nd!

Are you on Carnival as well? I usually just plug our destination into Google maps and it usually gives us the best route. Do you live in Toronto? We're in a small town near Guelph. Can't wait to cruise, this is our 2nd!

I couldn't help noticing you upcoming sailing - on the Carnival Prude - I guess that must be a new ship, and one designed to attract a more sedate, buttoned-up crowd: no wet tee shirt or hairy leg contests, and no off-color comedians.

I couldn't help noticing you upcoming sailing - on the Carnival Prude - I guess that must be a new ship, and one designed to attract a more sedate, buttoned-up crowd: no wet tee shirt or hairy leg contests, and no off-color comedians.

Good that the OP did not mistype an "n" instead of a "d". Then we might be joking about a geriatric crowd with scooters and walkers!

Sorry I can't offer the OP a more useful comment.

I agree completely Mummified, no Prude cruise for us either. To your question above, yes we are on the Pride also and are just on the west side of Toronto in Etobicoke, so right on the 401 for us. We booked in at the Fairfield in White Lawn for the Saturday night. Our plan is to start out early, plug the address of the hotel in the gps and just head down.

We'll be driving from the Toronto area to Baltimore on March 11. We plan on taking hwy 15 through Pennsylvania, to hwy 22 to hwy 83. I figure we'll stop for lunch somewhere around Williamsport PA. Any advice on restaurants that aren't too fay off the highway? Any must see places along the way? Not looking for museums or anything, just anywhere that would be a nice place to stop and stretch our legs.

Also, we're staying at the Best Western BWI north (Belle Road). I know they offer parking for the duration of your cruise and shuttle service to the port. Do I need to call in advance to schedule this, or is it just something offered to all guests? Perhaps I will give them a call to confirm. Are there any good restaurants around the hotel for dinner? Anything fun to do within walking distance?

TIA!!

We do this often! The drive is easy! (We have also drove to Bayonne and Boston for cruises .. saves a bunch!)

We book through Trinity Reservations .com.. excellent site.. we always stay at the Best Western Elkridge, not much for shopping etc.. but the bar next door the Stained Glass Pub is very very good!

Enjoy your cruise.. ps.. if you go early enough, you can drive to the White House and see that!

I agree completely Mummified, no Prude cruise for us either. To your question above, yes we are on the Pride also and are just on the west side of Toronto in Etobicoke, so right on the 401 for us. We booked in at the Fairfield in White Lawn for the Saturday night. Our plan is to start out early, plug the address of the hotel in the gps and just head down.

I guess we'll see you soon!