RCL Kids Sale Free

canuckinindia

Have been looking at a possible med cruise this summer and wanted to get an idea from experienced family travellers if kids sail free, 3/4th in cabin free or discounted occurs on RCL?

Have cruises before but would be First time sailing on RCL and with our DS and on who will be 1y at the time of the cruise.

Trying to decide if we wait a while to see if an offer comes or pull the trigger now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Not sure which site or country you are booking from but if you find a date that works inwould book and then price adjust if a sale comes. Assuming you may be booking from a country such as USA or Canada that allows for that. I did that with my upcoming cruise. Paid the current price and then just called to get the current sale when They came up, which was for me the kids sale free as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry Dtek50

RCCL just had a kids sail free promotion in December. There is a 60% off second guest, plus 20% off the third and fourth guest going on right now. Might be a good time to book and then keep watching for the kids sale free promotion.

RCCL just had a kids sail free promotion in December. There is a 60% off second guest, plus 20% off the third and fourth guest going on right now. Might be a good time to book and then keep watching for the kids sale free promotion.

+1

Sent from my BlackBerry Dtek50

Thanks, guess I will watch out if it comes up as it may help make the decision.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Unless you're tied to RCCL for some reason, you should really at least look at MSC. MSC has 15 ships, and only one is in the US (until we get Seaside in November). The rest are in Europe, plus UAE and South Africa. The name of the parent company is "Mediterranean Shipping Company", so they likely know the region. ;)

MSC is serious about Kids Sail Free. They don't raise the price or force you into a higher price bracket to get the KSF, and it's available all year on virtually all sailings. In fact, I've surely checked dozens over time and have never found one that didn't offer it, but they do have a disclaimer and it could be different in Europe.

One caveat: MSC apparently has vastly different Ts&Cs depending on what country you book from. In the US, it's pretty much in line with the other lines, but reading in the MSC forum it seems that European bookings vary by country and some are quite draconian compared to what we are used to. Since you seem to be a Canadian living in India, you might even have options in that regard.

Finally, if you feel locked to RCCL based on loyalty status, MSC has a status matching program.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless you're tied to RCCL for some reason, you should really at least look at MSC. MSC has 15 ships, and only one is in the US (until we get Seaside in November). The rest are in Europe, plus UAE and South Africa. The name of the parent company is "Mediterranean Shipping Company", so they likely know the region. ;)

MSC is serious about Kids Sail Free. They don't raise the price or force you into a higher price bracket to get the KSF, and it's available all year on virtually all sailings. In fact, I've surely checked dozens over time and have never found one that didn't offer it, but they do have a disclaimer and it could be different in Europe.

One caveat: MSC apparently has vastly different Ts&Cs depending on what country you book from. In the US, it's pretty much in line with the other lines, but reading in the MSC forum it seems that European bookings vary by country and some are quite draconian compared to what we are used to. Since you seem to be a Canadian living in India, you might even have options in that regard.

Finally, if you feel locked to RCCL based on loyalty status, MSC has a status matching program.

I think I've heard of MSC. MSC Costa Concordia? ;) Just giving you a hard time.

Yes, RCI does offer KSF promos from time to time. Our Navigator April 2018 cruise is booked under a KSF promo. As mentioned earlier, they don't run that offer very often, BUT, the first and second person rates tend to increase. You do still end up saving a nice chunk of change, though. That said, third and fourth passengers fares typically are not very much per person, but remember that you still have to pay port fees, taxes, etc. on 3rd/4th pax, but you will still save a few hundred dollars over full price.