Movies currently being shown

RandyD

We leave next week for a repositioning cruise that will be "at sea" intensive (19 sea days). What movies does HAL currently have in their inventory that they are showing at the Wajang and then repeated on the in-room movie channel? Randy

I had this same question before our cruise. HAL said they couldn't answer, because it was dependant on when the movies were out of the theater for their first, main run, and onto DVD's or in the second run (dollar show) theaters.

So what I did is look up a site that showed when movies had been released in theaters. No, I didn't bookmark the site, so I can't point you to it, sorry. I figured most movies ended their first run about two to three months from the release date. I made a list of those movies, and then figured some of them would be on the Ryndam. I think I got about 50% of them right.

Just Google something like, "movie release date" and see what comes up.

Good luck!

Volendam 10/26 -11/05

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, The Longest Yard, Batman Begins, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Crash, Herbie Fully Loaded, Bewitched, Madagascar, War of the Worlds, Kingdom of Heaven, Fantastic 4

Hope this is helpful.

that is exactly what I was looking for. Movies that we saw on our last cruise in May are just now showing up on HBO, so figured that there should be movies that will be new to us during this long cruise, as I can probably learn only so many different ways to fold napkins.

When you get to the ship you can go to the theater and see exactly what will be shown each day on your cruise. There is no way to know for sure beforehand anyway and once you are on the ship you can plan your week when you see the schedule.

From what I have heard not all ships are re-running the movies shown in the theater on your cabin tv anymore, but the tv schedule is available for the week in your cabin so you can check that out when you arrive onboard.

W just got off the Ryndam last Monday. On that ship, channels 34 and 35 showed pretty current movies. There is a light beige book in your room (8 X 10side ways) that will tell you about room service, etc, but it also has all the TV channels and what days different movies will be shown on 34/35. A couple of times in the morning (sea days) we got caught up in pretty recent releases of films. TV on HAL has improved so much. You can even watch reruns of Green Acres. CNN, ESPN, old Law and Order, etc. Check that book out though - it is all there. Have a great cruise.

Here's what was showing on our 10/22 Oosterdam cruise: Be Cool, Coach Carter, Spanglish, March of the Penguins, Miss Congeniality 2, Meet the Fockers, Phantom of the Opera, Troy, The Aviator, Hidalgo, Monster In Law, Miracle, The Recruit, Herbie Fully Loaded. Anchorman, Million Dollar Baby, and Hitch.:)

You can tell that we are not on the ship for just one week to plan our movie schedule. Rather we are going to be on the ship for 1 day short of 5 weeks, and that is why I was looking for a general inventory of current things that HAL is showing. We have not seen anything that the2ofus listed, which is great. Any way I appreciate the help.

HAL no doubt will have some interesting lecture series for this repo cruise, which we look forward to as they have generally done a good job with that in the past.

I look forward to watching a movie in the afternoon during a day at sea and then possibly falling asleep for a while on the verandah while acting like I am watching for whales.

Archived