Carnival Vista Balcony overlooking a deck?

clarkie138

Just booked a trip on the Vista in August, and it's been a while since I cruised. I saw a video of someone's balcony stateroom and it looked like it overlooked another deck? I want to be overlooking the water. What is this about and is it just on certain areas? Do I have to stay really low on the ship to avoid this? Thanks.

I believe what you are referring to are decks just above the Deck 5 Lanai that runs around the whole ship. I think there are hot tubs that are cantilevered and jut out over the ocean. So if you have a balcony a deck or two above (Deck 6/7) you would definitely have people just below who are enjoying the deck 5 lanai areas. It was like that on the Breeze as well, which is why we ended up booking a balcony up higher. Typically, we would book our cabins on Deck 7, but wanted more privacy and ocean view. So we booked up on Lido and it was perfect. We have done the same with the Vista as well!

I believe what you are referring to are decks just above the Deck 5 Lanai that runs around the whole ship. I think there are hot tubs that are cantilevered and jut out over the ocean. So if you have a balcony a deck or two above (Deck 6/7) you would definitely have people just below who are enjoying the deck 5 lanai areas.

Unlike the Breeze, there are no hot tubs on Vista's Deck 5 Lanai. There is also an overhang above the Lanai so people can't really see you sitting on a Deck 6 balcony and you can't see them on the Lanai.

Just booked a trip on the Vista in August, and it's been a while since I cruised. I saw a video of someone's balcony stateroom and it looked like it overlooked another deck? I want to be overlooking the water. What is this about and is it just on certain areas? Do I have to stay really low on the ship to avoid this? Thanks.

The balconies on the Vista overlook deck 5 where the Havana cabins are. That's the big difference between the Vista and the previous Carnival ships. I was on the Vista in August in a Havana cabin, and I could walk to the end of my patio, and look straight up at all the balconies. From what I understand, the only way around this is to book a cove balcony.....but they are on deck 2.

Unlike the Breeze, there are no hot tubs on Vista's Deck 5 Lanai. There is also an overhang above the Lanai so people can't really see you sitting on a Deck 6 balcony and you can't see them on the Lanai.
There are however, two hot tubs and a pool in the Havana area at the rear of deck 5 and I just saw a video on You Tube taken from deck 7 aft overlooking the Havana pool area and you can see directly into the balconies on deck 6 aft.