Can a free soda package from a TA be upgraded to Deluxe onboard?

We are looking at maybe changing our 11/25/17 Freedom sailing to the Anthem. We are looking at booking it through a box store TA and there a bunch of perks for the sailing that we are looking at. One of them is 2 free soda packages. We would want the Deluxe package. Does anyone know if we could upgrade onboard to a Deluxe package and pay the difference in the two packages? I know you cannot when RCL gives it to you as part of the Eat/Play promo but this is not that. I am hoping it is treated differently because it is from the TA and not the cruise line.

The other freebies are nice too but this would be great.

Thank you!

Jess

We are looking at maybe changing our 11/25/17 Freedom sailing to the Anthem. We are looking at booking it through a box store TA and there a bunch of perks for the sailing that we are looking at. One of them is 2 free soda packages. We would want the Deluxe package. Does anyone know if we could upgrade onboard to a Deluxe package and pay the difference in the two packages? I know you cannot when RCL gives it to you as part of the Eat/Play promo but this is not that. I am hoping it is treated differently because it is from the TA and not the cruise line.

The other freebies are nice too but this would be great.

Thank you!

Jess

Why not ask the TA if you can pay the extra and upgrade before the cruise.

That's weird. If it was a perk offered by them you would think they would know.

Perhaps it is a perk that is actually offered by Royal to TA's and just passed on by the TA.

I will call back tomorrow and hopefully get a different agent and they may give me a different answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just spoke to another agent at the box store TA. She said it was not upgradeable. That is too bad - I was hoping to use that to make the change more justifiable for the cost.

The other freebies are not things I would buy on my Freedom sailing so I cannot really count then in my cost comparison. (1 free specialty dining, 1 free Johnny Rockets, 1 massage/cabin, and $25USD)

We got a pretty "sweet" deal of $1644 CAD for 2 in the Ben & Jerry's Suite for the 11/25/2017 Freedom sailing so it will be hard to pry me away I think.

I guess I will wait to see how I like the Anthem next month and how bad the drive is. Maybe I will fall in love and it will be worth the extra $700. :)

thanks all!