Port Canaveral Staggered Check in

thegoodlife247

Sailing the Sunshine April 7th. We are signed up for 11:00 staggered check in. I know they are strict about not letting you inside the terminal before your check in time. I am trying to decide what time to sign up for hotel shuttle. Its not far from the port. My question is if I sign up for 10:00 shuttle and we get there earlier than check in time is there a place to wait outside the terminal until our check in time of 11:00? Or will security "shew" you away? We wouldn't have anyway to go somewhere and come back.

You wait outside. They'll line you up if they aren't open, or letting people in. 10A shuttle should be fine. Might make other stops, like at Terminal 1 and Disney first. You can still check bags with porters. If you happen to be platinum or diamond or have FTTF, the staggered time doesn't apply, as long as they're letting folks in the terminal, you'll have a separate entrance.

Just off the Magic today out of Port Canaveral. We had 11-11:30 check in and arrived at the port at 10:15 (family member dropped us off). Traffic was pretty bad, but we were unloaded and ready to go into the terminal at about 10:30. We saw people going in, so we asked if we had to wait until 11 to enter. They said if our entire party was ready we could go ahead in. The line was nonexistent for initial check in and security. We were issued zone #4. They made an announcement that boarding would begin around 11:45, but they started early and we were on the ship before noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think you need to worry about it. We used Port Canaveral for our recent Norwegian Epic cruise. I signed up for the 10 a.m. check-in.

I was running a little late. I thought we'd return our rental car at 9:30 a.m. at the Enterprise location next to the port. We didn't get there until 9:45. Because of the line of people waiting to use that shuttle, it was probably 10 or 10:15 before we left the rental location. It was close to 11:00 before we arrived at the terminal in the port.

If you plan on arriving at the terminal around 10:00, I'd probably try going around 9:15-9:30 to arrive by 10.

It could have been due to the ships in port that day--Disney Fantasy, Norwegian Epic, Carnival Magic, and Carnival Sunshine. So, even with staggered check-in, over 15,000 guests were arriving at the port and trying to get to their ships that day.

You wait outside. They'll line you up if they aren't open, or letting people in. 10A shuttle should be fine. Might make other stops, like at Terminal 1 and Disney first. You can still check bags with porters. If you happen to be platinum or diamond or have FTTF, the staggered time doesn't apply, as long as they're letting folks in the terminal, you'll have a separate entrance.

We're platinum and the staggered check in time did apply to us. We chose 10:30 check in time. We sat in the lounge for 2 hrs then we're finally brought on board.

We're platinum and the staggered check in time did apply to us. We chose 10:30 check in time. We sat in the lounge for 2 hrs then we're finally brought on board.

It was staggered CHEKC IN not boarding. Since you are Platinum you were allowed in the terminal when you arrived. Waiting for two hours in the lounge had nothing to do with staggered check in.