What hotel...The Atlantic or Marriott Hollywood Beach??

beachlovergirl

Need some help with this. Unfortunately, we need a pre-cruise hotel for a night next October which is during the boat show. Most of the hotels that I want are unavailable. I'm looking for a hotel on the beach. Both the Atlantic and the Marriott Hollywood Beach have availability and are the same price. How far are each from the airport and the Port of Everglades? Really need opinions of each of these.

Due to Hurricane Wilma this year, the boat show was moved to the weekend we were at the Hyatt Pier 66 and we used the pool at the Bahia Mar because of the Hyatt's pool renovation project. That weekend had crowds of people, lots of traffic, long waits for taxis, and long waits at restaurants, etc. I'm sure it wasn't all because of the boat show but it didn't help. Would like to avoid that next year.

Thanks !!

Dee

Well between those hotels it's no contest as far as I'm concerned. While the Hollywood Beach Marriott is a very nice hotel, IMO The Atlantic is currently the best hotel in Broward County. It's a gorgeous property! If those hotels are both the same price I have to think the Hollywood Beach Marriott is seriously overpriced that weekend!

You won't have any huge crowd problems in Hollywood Beach, and The Atlantic is north of the Boat Show congestion, but if you go south along the beach from The Atlantic you will encounter the crowds and heavy traffic around Bahia Mar and SE 17th Street. Personally I'd be more than willing to put up with that to stay at The Atlantic though. There ARE other, less congested ways to get to and from The Atlantic than through SE 17th Street though.

They're both about the same distance from FLL and Port Everglades, roughly 20 minutes or so.

Yes, the crowds you experienced WERE due to the Boat Show, it's the largest in the world and draws a massive crowd! Things are not normally that bad, but during that weekend you'll experience longer waits for taxis and longer lines at restaurants throughout the area.

While I agree with Trents on the Atlantic it is certainly one of the nicest properties in Broward, I wouldn't write off The Marriott Hollywood Beach too fast.

In addition to Hollywood Beach being less crowded, you have a number of excellent restaurant choices all within walking distance of the Marriott. On the north end of HB is some great undisturbed parkland and on the south side are some neat tiki bars, bistros, and cafes. In between both lies the Marriott with some gougeous uncrowded beach. The Marriotts oceanside restaurant has received many accolades, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The downside with the Atlantic is that unless you have a car, your locked in to the hotel. You'll have to take a cab everywhere. Their is nothing within walking distance.

Thank you for your fast responses! Both of those hotels have rooms for $269 & up for the night of Friday, Oct 27th. The Renaissance also has rooms but the lowest price is $349. It's a nice hotel but not worth that price since in the past we were able to get it for $75 on Priceline. I know we're not going to find any Priceline deals during the boat show.

I'm leaning towards the Atlantic.

Thanks again!

Dee

Archived