Shows on the Escape?

melnemac32

In the main theater:

After Midnight. A show about the Cotton Club set in NYC with music and dance from the 1920's and 1930's

For The Record: The Brat Pack. Based on the 1980's John Hughes movies 16 Candles, Pretty In Pink, Weird Science and Ferris Beuller.

Does anyone know what shows are currently playing on the Escape? My husband and I are going over Memorial Day and we are curious as to what shows are on the ship right now.

You could look on the NCL web site

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/entertainment

BTW. Show and dining reservations open 90 days prior to your cruise (100 days if you are in the Havens). Seats sell out fast. Get ready to book soon.

Edited by BirdTravels

what about the days / times for the shows - does anyone know ? ? Trying to figure out a schedule for our group.

It can differ based on your cruise. If the show crew changes out, possible holidays, or anyoher reason.

There was a post earlier stating that "Oh What a Night - Tribute to Frankie Valli" was leaving the escape February 25. I really hope not as our traveling group wanted to see that show on the March 25 cruise. Here is the link to the thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2451180

http://frankievalliandthe4seasonstribute.com/AppearSchedule.php

Looks like Oh What a Night will be on the Escape all year. I'm guessing the current cast leaves on the 25th and will be replaced by a new group.

There was a post earlier stating that "Oh What a Night - Tribute to Frankie Valli" was leaving the escape February 25. I really hope not as our traveling group wanted to see that show on the March 25 cruise. Here is the link to the thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2451180

They are guest performers and come and go. Last year, there were times when they were on a week, off a few weeks doing land shows, then back on for a few weeks.

You could look on the NCL web site

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/entertainment

BTW. Show and dining reservations open 90 days prior to your cruise (100 days if you are in the Havens). Seats sell out fast. Get ready to book soon.

I missed the 90 day mark (now at 72 for my cruise) I never got any email notification regarding the opening of the booking for shows (not sure if they even have one, first time cruising with NCL) It has Add to cart, but when i do that it says it failed. Anyone know if spaces open up as the date gets closer? or when on board do they have slots open to reserve seats?

I missed the 90 day mark (now at 72 for my cruise) I never got any email notification regarding the opening of the booking for shows (not sure if they even have one, first time cruising with NCL) It has Add to cart, but when i do that it says it failed. Anyone know if spaces open up as the date gets closer? or when on board do they have slots open to reserve seats?

Just did mine last night at the 80 or so day mark and I ran into the same issue. I was able to book after midnight easily, but it wouldn't let me checkout with brat pack(kept emptying the cart). I waited and later received the confirmation email that stated i was booked for 2 showings of brat pack and the after midnight showing.

So the cart was definitely working, even though it said it didn't. I had to call and cancel my second booking of brat pack because i couldn't do it online.

Just did mine last night at the 80 or so day mark and I ran into the same issue. I was able to book after midnight easily, but it wouldn't let me checkout with brat pack(kept emptying the cart). I waited and later received the confirmation email that stated i was booked for 2 showings of brat pack and the after midnight showing.

So the cart was definitely working, even though it said it didn't. I had to call and cancel my second booking of brat pack because i couldn't do it online.

Hmm.. ok very odd Thanks... I'll keep trying

Just did mine last night at the 80 or so day mark and I ran into the same issue. I was able to book after midnight easily, but it wouldn't let me checkout with brat pack(kept emptying the cart). I waited and later received the confirmation email that stated i was booked for 2 showings of brat pack and the after midnight showing. So the cart was definitely working, even though it said it didn't. I had to call and cancel my second booking of brat pack because i couldn't do it online.
we are sailing the Western Carib in June. Any idea what days / times the shows are on ??

Just did mine last night at the 80 or so day mark and I ran into the same issue. I was able to book after midnight easily, but it wouldn't let me checkout with brat pack(kept emptying the cart). I waited and later received the confirmation email that stated i was booked for 2 showings of brat pack and the after midnight showing. So the cart was definitely working, even though it said it didn't. I had to call and cancel my second booking of brat pack because i couldn't do it online.

Thanks laxnkio. I've tried numerous times to add that show, and it never worked. I just tried and while it shows there's a problem with something in the cart, I was able to click on the grayed out Go to Payment link and it worked!!! A little programming problem I'd say. We sail this Saturday on the Escape.

Am I understanding correctly.. the shows are an extra charge and need to be booked in advance?

Summary of entertainment: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/esca.../entertainment

Main Theater: The two Broadway shows, For the Record: The Brat Pack and After Midnight are free and require reservations. Other shows in the main theater are free and do not require reservations.

Supper Club: They may offer one paid dinner show (offered only once during the cruise) called the Supper Club Cabaret (must be reserved and paid in advance). All other shows in the supper club are complimentary. Some come with dinner. All need to be booked on board shortly after embarkation. Use your stateroom TV or any of the touch screen kiosks in the public areas to book the shows.

Headliners: Comedy shows play throughout the cruise. You can book one show. Early shows are family oriented, late shows are 18+. You can go standby to other comedy shows (we try to go once every night they play). Other shows in Headiners are first come first serve (e.g., Howl at the Moon which plays long sets where people come and go).

Wine Lovers the Musical: Lunch time show with wine tasting. Book in advance with an additional charge.

I've got a calendar reminder on my phone set to tell me when the 90 day mark hits. But if you forget and the online bookings fill up, I did like one person's helpful tip. Download the NCL iConcierge App in advance. Once you're checked in at the port and are waiting to board, check for the ship's available WiFi and connect to it using the iConcierge app. This will allow you to book additional restaurant or show reservations before you even step onto the ship.

I've got a calendar reminder on my phone set to tell me when the 90 day mark hits. But if you forget and the online bookings fill up, I did like one person's helpful tip. Download the NCL iConcierge App in advance. Once you're checked in at the port and are waiting to board, check for the ship's available WiFi and connect to it using the iConcierge app. This will allow you to book additional restaurant or show reservations before you even step onto the ship.

Are the restaurants able to be booked 90 days in advance as well? I know we'll do 3 "additional charge" restaurants, but 1 will be Margaritaville..which I don't think can be reserved anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are the restaurants able to be booked 90 days in advance as well? I know we'll do 3 "additional charge" restaurants, but 1 will be Margaritaville..which I don't think can be reserved anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup. Dining can be reserved at the 90 day mark as well, but those spots dry up very quickly. Doesn't mean you won't be able to book once on board, but for some reason they just don't have a ton available to book online.

Sent from my XT1094 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a quick question- does anyone know how often the entertainment/shows change on the Escape/NCL ships? I cruised on the Escape last July (2016)- loved all of the shows. Due to the itinerary and a few other reasons I am sailing on the Escape again this summer. So I am wondering if the entertainment/shows will change by this July (2017)? As much as I loved the shows, I wouln't mind a change as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Caro

Hi,

I have a quick question- does anyone know how often the entertainment/shows change on the Escape/NCL ships? I cruised on the Escape last July (2016)- loved all of the shows. Due to the itinerary and a few other reasons I am sailing on the Escape again this summer. So I am wondering if the entertainment/shows will change by this July (2017)? As much as I loved the shows, I wouln't mind a change as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Caro

When NCL booked their original Broadway shows on the Epic (first ship with Broadway shows), they signed 5-year contracts. Since it costs a lot of money to stage the shows on the ship, you could expect the shows to remain the same until the ship's first major dry dock (5 years based on the BA).

Guest performers come and go. "Oh What A Night" has come and gone and come. They have been on board for as short as a week, sometimes several months. I would expect that NCL will (someday) sign a revenue generating show for the Supper Club as a permanent act.

Hi,

Thank you for your help and quick response!

Caro

When NCL booked their original Broadway shows on the Epic (first ship with Broadway shows), they signed 5-year contracts. Since it costs a lot of money to stage the shows on the ship, you could expect the shows to remain the same until the ship's first major dry dock (5 years based on the BA)....

t.

Summary of entertainment: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/esca.../entertainment

Main Theater: The two Broadway shows, For the Record: The Brat Pack and After Midnight are free and require reservations. Other shows in the main theater are free and do not require reservations.

Supper Club: They may offer one paid dinner show (offered only once during the cruise) called the Supper Club Cabaret (must be reserved and paid in advance). All other shows in the supper club are complimentary. Some come with dinner. All need to be booked on board shortly after embarkation. Use your stateroom TV or any of the touch screen kiosks in the public areas to book the shows.

Headliners: Comedy shows play throughout the cruise. You can book one show. Early shows are family oriented, late shows are 18+. You can go standby to other comedy shows (we try to go once every night they play). Other shows in Headiners are first come first serve (e.g., Howl at the Moon which plays long sets where people come and go).

Wine Lovers the Musical: Lunch time show with wine tasting. Book in advance with an additional charge.

Is it the same comedian throughout the week and that's why we can only book one show?