Room Decision - Need Input

Cruisy McGee

Jump on it,

While i love a large balcony, there is no comparing the service and food in Blu. You truly get a different experience as you show up to a quiet dining room whenever you wish...almost like being in a suite.

We have only done AQ once as cost is normally much more than concierge. We were a little hesitant as we were travelling with my brother who is a real meat and potatoes guy. Worried that it would be too healthy for his taste. Were we ever wrong..we all loved it. I have a large C2 on the hump for my upcoming cruise and would gladly switch to Aq for a few hundred..sadly it is 1200$ difference. But I keep checking!!

Unless you need more points to advance to another loyalty level, it isn't worth spending extra money for AQ or CC. Cabins are the same size. The extra perks aren't much. Thicker towels are nice. In a regular cabin, I request more towels. Many AQ and CC are in less desirable locations. The large veranda is a big attraction. I would certainly keep it if it is in a good location. Location is my first priority. The S class ships are beautiful and very large. I like to be close to the mid-ship elevators. I have heard many people complain about being way aft or forward. I have never heard anyone complain about the size of a cabin. Just like in land real estate, think LOCATION, LOCATION,LOCATION.

We are also on the Solstice this summer so I assume, could be wrong, that this is an Alaska cruise. If so, I would stick with that large balcony. For us most of our time spent while we are in the cabin is on the balcony and we looks at that square footage above all else.

It really depends on how you use the space in the cabin.

A larger balcony is nice, but do you really need (and will you actually use) the extra space? I definitely would pick the AQ. We love Blu, especially the breakfasts. If you don't like the dinners, you can ask to go to the MDR instead. There are mixed answers on whether you can get MDR dinners in Blu. Generally, if you can at all it is almost always only on M class, where the kitchens are together. On S class there are totally separate kitchens so they generally will say no. You can, however, always order off the classics menu. We have found the salmon and the chicken in particular quote good. The spa is nice on S class, but to me the best part is the warmed loungers and good luck securing one of those. People tend to grab them and then hog them for literally hours on end. Would be nice to show a little consideration for others, but that quality is rare these days I guess for some folks. So my advice is don't switch because of that. Switch because of Blu.