travelers 18 years old, but under 21

Scrapninja

Read a thing while trying to book a cruise that travelers under 21 must be accompanied by a relative or guardian over 25. Well I want to take my ex step daughter on a 4 night cruise from LA to Ensnada. I am technically not her relative, or her guardian. She will be 18 at the time of the cruise.

Is this allowed? Or are we going to run into a bunch of headaches with this.

Read a thing while trying to book a cruise that travelers under 21 must be accompanied by a relative or guardian over 25. Well I want to take my ex step daughter on a 4 night cruise from LA to Ensnada. I am technically not her relative, or her guardian. She will be 18 at the time of the cruise.

Guardian is meant as a person over 25 responsible for the behavior of someone on the cruise. It is not the technical legal term.

You will act as her guardian and will not have any issues.

Different cruise lines have different rules. Without knowing what cruise line you want to book no one can give you an answer.

Carnival will

Be the cruise line. Leaving from LA going to Catalina and ensanada

Here's a link to Carnival's rules:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544

You're allowed to take the 18 yo and act as her guardian for purposes of the cruise, as stated on the web page:

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian.

The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.

When minors (18 and under) are not traveling with a relative, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel.