Alaska 2018 Cruisetour booking before Aug 1, 2017

rowrow

http://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2016/11/Princess-Cruises-Announces-Largest-Alaska-Deployment-Ever-in-2018.html

Wondering how the discount mentioned in the 2nd last paragraph is taken into account?

Anyone can get a price from their booking web site and book online for the shown price of, say, $5000.

If the customer is a Captains Circle member, as referenced in the above release, how does one obtain the benefit of the $100 ? discount for booking early?

Just a bit confused.

A call to Princess did not help. They suggested the price shown on the website is already discounted. For everyone?

I doubt it.

When you log on to the Princess website it should recognize your Captain's Circle member number and apply the discount to the price if applicable.

Personally, I've rarely seen a difference in price when doing a mock booking without logging in and then following up with a mock booking while logged in.

You can probably get a better discount by booking through a good TA.

Thank you HLLWD. Yes, I'm sure you are right about finding a good TA. But the Princess system should be less confusing, at least for me. On logging in with the Captains Table # the only $100 that appears is the $100 future cruise deposit. No mention of the Early Booking discount.

I'm not sure that the hundreds of $ of discount, incentives, OBC mentioned in this and other forums from a 'good TA' applies down under here in Australia. Or maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Thanks for your contribution.