Southampton hotel with laundry facilities or near laundromat

spudicusrex

I'm researching hotels for a couple nights pre-cruise in Southampton in October. It would be quite convenient to be able to do a couple loads of laundry before we sail. Can anyone recommend a hotel with self-serve laundry facilities, or one that is near (within a 5 minute walk) a self-serve laundromat? I'm not looking to send anything out. I'm hoping to avoid doing laundry in a hotel sink. Thanks!

Did a little search and found this https://www.orbitz.com/Hampshire-Hotels-Ibis-Southampton-Centre.h3431.Hotel-Information

There are others -- I searched Southampton hotels with laundry facilities--but I would always contact the hotel to check it's still available.

Thanks for this. The site I use doesn't have a filter for hotels with laundry facilities.

I doubt that hotels will have self-service laundry and their laundry will be quite expensive. You need a launderette and there will certainly be some within reach of your hotel. They don't tend to advertise on the net so Google is not much help, but I am sure that the staff at your hotel would point you in the right direction.

Many launderettes offer a serviced wash, where, for a modest extra charge, you leave it with them to wash, dry and fold, while you do some sightseeing

This website gives the location of a few launderettes in Southampton.

https://www.yell.com/s/launderettes-southampton.html

O,E,G and K are the closest to the Cruise Terminals and the website below gives the location of a few hotels in the same vicinity

https://www.yell.com/s/hotels+and+inns-southampton.html

Hope this helps.

Edited by Arachnid
Links not working

Be wary about hotels which offer "laundry service", this generally isn't self-service.

Ibis Budget hotel has a self-service laundry. Probably the cheapest hotel in central Southampton, so pretty basic. But clean and modern.

Self-service launderettes are few & far between these days, Atlantic laundry in Bedford Place is probably your best bet but a fair walk from most hotels.

Note Bob's comment about a service wash. That launderette is manned & for just a few pounds on top of the coin-op they'll switch your washing from washer to dryer & fold it up ready to collect - saves you hanging around for an hour or more..

JB :)

I emailed ibis budget and they said the laundry facilities were not available to guests. I find the idea of the "serviced wash" quite compelling. I'd never heard of it before, but it sounds perfect!

I appreciate the links and thorough responses.

It's not the first time this question has been asked by someone doing a back-to-back, but I don't recall any feedback. It would be helpful to future cruisers if you could give details of your experience.

It's not the first time this question has been asked by someone doing a back-to-back, but I don't recall any feedback. It would be helpful to future cruisers if you could give details of your experience.

I will be happy to report back, although it will take a bit since my cruise is not until October.