Did anyone get denied for the Carnival MasterCard?

KJENN

I got the "reviewing your application, etc.."

So, I know this means that I will be denied!

I was hoping for the $100 but not a big deal.

Karen

Don't give-up hope, lol. I too got same emails yesterday and then earlier today got an email thanking me for using paperless billing for my new account. Then tonight received an approval email for my new card that will be arriving in a few days :D. Think they have their emails a little out of sequence lol. But am excited to get to take advantage of the gift card offer and bonus 10,000 points to use for a $100 bar credit. Not a bad way to score $200 free money towards our next cruise without really doing anything. :cool:

Has anyone tried to call and find out why, rather than asking opinions here? Not the same bank, but my daughter was denied for her first credit card recently. Probably rightfully so since she's a full time student with little income and no credit history. She called and answered a few questions about who provides her support and was granted the card with a low credit limit, which was all she wanted. I know if I were denied a call with my 800+ s credit score, my first action would be to call the bank and ask why.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have had a card from Barclay for over 10 years and when I applied for the Carnival card last year, they sent the email stating they would get back with me. I called and spoke with a representative and was told that I had been denied due to a report on my credit report of someone attempting to steal my credit. I own a collection agency so I contacted all credit reporting agencies and they said I did not have anything on my credit report showing that information. I had all the credit agencies send me my credit report and then I contacted Barclay again. The stupid idiots had apparently not put in my correct social security number. I have a common last name and they were looking at the wrong credit. I reapplied for the card and once again was turned down. When owning a collection business you must have very good credit. I do. I paid off my credit card with them and closed it. Will never do business with them again!!