Did anyone get denied for the Carnival MasterCard?

KJENN

Dh and I both applied for the Carnival MC for the $100 bonus they're offering and I got denied and he got the pending more info message...both of us have excellent credit (750+ for me, he is over 800), low cc usage %, and good income. I usually get approved right away so i'm a bit shocked that they denied me lol.

Just wondering if this happened to anyone else? DH's is still pending, but he normally gets approved right away also.

I also have over an 800 score and when I applied for it a couple years ago I got the pending email as well. I can't remember if I had to call them or they called me. Needed to verify my info or something and then gave me a $10,000 limit. Barclay's is the only bank I have ever had an issue with not getting an instant approval.

Dh and I both applied for the Carnival MC for the $100 bonus they're offering and I got denied and he got the pending more info message...both of us have excellent credit (750+ for me, he is over 800), low cc usage %, and good income. I usually get approved right away so i'm a bit shocked that they denied me lol.

Just wondering if this happened to anyone else? DH's is still pending, but he normally gets approved right away also.

Do you have identity theft protection like LifeLock? Sometimes you will not be approved until you call in and verify your identity with the card issuer in these cases.

I had this happen to me once. I was "pending" approval once I verified some additional information by phone.

Do you have identity theft protection like LifeLock? Sometimes you will not be approved until you call in and verify your identity with the card issuer in these cases.

I had this happen to me once. I was "pending" approval once I verified some additional information by phone.

No, I don't (I know this was directed at OP, but I had the same situation). Crazy thing is I could get instantly approved for just about any card I applied for right now, but I bet if it was Barclays, it would still show pending.

Edited by firemanbobswife

No, I don't (I know this was directed at OP, but I had the same situation). Crazy thing is I could get instantly approved for just about any card I applied for right now, but I bet if it was Barclays, it would still show pending.

Guess it depends on the issuer. I had this issue when I applied for a Citi AAdvantage Card. They told me it was most likely due to the identity theft protection I had.

Guess it depends on the issuer. I had this issue when I applied for a Citi AAdvantage Card. They told me it was most likely due to the identity theft protection I had.

I think so too. I have a few different Citi cards and all were approved on the spot. Never had Identity theft protection and yet Barclays needed to verify my info. Maybe they are just extra cautious.

Because you and your husband sent diffrent applications they might have thought it was some kind of fraud situation as most couples apply together. Other then that no clue what it could be.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Because you and your husband sent diffrent applications they might have thought it was some kind of fraud situation as most couples apply together. Other then that no clue what it could be.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

So I asked the question in another post about having 2 Carnival Master cards in one household and if it were allowed. My husband has had one for many years now and I also authorized user with my own card. But with the new promotion wondered about obtaining my own card in my name alone and if its allowed. Anyone have this experience?

So I asked the question in another post about having 2 Carnival Master cards in one household and if it were allowed. My husband has had one for many years now and I also authorized user with my own card. But with the new promotion wondered about obtaining my own card in my name alone and if its allowed. Anyone have this experience?

I don't see why not. My family has the same exact situation with a couple airline/hotel cards. Gets a little tricky if you don't keep track of which card goes to which person's account. A simple inconspicuous colored mark is extremely valuable[emoji6]. Each party also got their own sign up bonuses as well.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Same happened to my husband and myself. We have great credit and no debt apart from our mortgage. Oddly, we get solicitations from Barclay almost weekly and I have received a few from Carnival. We applied a few weeks ago and got denied....AND...I received another solicitation via email today. Makes zero sense.

My husband applied on the ship (Fascination) a few years ago and was denied on the spot. Both our credit scores are over 750. We thought maybe it was because we usually carry no balance on any of our cards. He pays them off every month but who knows. We sure get offers from everybody else! :o

I don't see why not. My family has the same exact situation with a couple airline/hotel cards. Gets a little tricky if you don't keep track of which card goes to which person's account. A simple inconspicuous colored mark is extremely valuable[emoji6]. Each party also got their own sign up bonuses as well.

So I went ahead and applied for one but got the "need to look at further email" :rolleyes:. I'm guessing they're going to flag it since our address and my name is already on my husbands account. Oh well, thought it was worth a try for the $100 incentive, also the bonus points are like twice what we got originally when my husband applied. But your right my husband and I have other credit cards separately so why not this one?

That Barclay's bank is very difficult to get approved.

Are you sure you got an actual denial? Or did it just say they would let you know within 7-10 days? That doesn't always mean an instant denial. This happened to my daughter. She got that notice and the next notice she received was the actual card in the mail. :D

It could be that something on the application was not an exact match to what came up on the credit report that would have been pulled. Little things like that just get flagged for a real person to look at it and is probably not a big deal. Sucks that you get a hard hit on your credit report with nothing to show for it.

Same situation with us. Our guess was they were too cheap to pay for a secure Internet connection on the ship, so everything is pending until they return to port and actually run the info. Just a funny guess, since this is the only card where this ever happened to us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

Maybe the credit check and/or ratios test is more extensive when the promotion is richer? I wouldn't have thought that would be the case, but when I got the invitation to apply by email last year (Barclays Carnival MasterCard) the promotion was simply a Carnival pillow and beach towel and I was instantly accepted - my FICO was only in the 740's at the time.

That said, I use the Citi DoubleCash for everything now. Doing the math, I get the same cash back on a $100 expense on ship using either card, while the DoubleCash reward is much richer for all other purchases - and easier to claim your reward with a one-click "credit to statement" option on the website. You get 2% cash back on every purchase. No annual fee.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
incomplete

That Barclay's bank is very difficult to get approved.

I had heard the same thing and my credit from 2010 and prior was a hot mess because my ex husband was a such a peach in so many ways :rolleyes: but I applied and was shocked when I was approved, it was instant too with a decent limit. My score then was in the low to mid 600s. I also have the Barclay Apple card that was approved earlier this year instantly as well.