Prepaying Charleston parking

misfit72ford

Hello everyone. Is there any advantages or disadvantages to prepaying parking at the port. I like the idea of having everything paid already. Thanks!

I guess prepaid parking is a fairly new option? I just saw that on the port web site. You'll still have to wait on line behind the people who got to the port earlier. You just won't have to pay once you get to the parking warehouse. So I suppose it will speed up your entry by a minute or two. :D

One disadvantage I see is if you wind up not parking and have to attempt getting a refund.

I guess prepaid parking is a fairly new option? I just saw that on the port web site. You'll still have to wait on line behind the people who got to the port earlier. You just won't have to pay once you get to the parking warehouse. So I suppose it will speed up your entry by a minute or two. :D

One disadvantage I see is if you wind up not parking and have to attempt getting a refund.

Thanks for the reply. It did say you must cancel 24 hours in advance to get a refund. That did make me pause but if there is a problem and we don't go I will submit it to my trip insurance. I was hoping for a prepaid only line for parking. [emoji1] I did go ahead and pay and will report back if there is anything good or bad to say about it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the reply. It did say you must cancel 24 hours in advance to get a refund. That did make me pause but if there is a problem and we don't go I will submit it to my trip insurance. I was hoping for a prepaid only line for parking. [emoji1] I did go ahead and pay and will report back if there is anything good or bad to say about it.

That's great. Your shared experience will be helpful for other Charleston cruisers. You may want to also post it on the Charleston 411 thread when you do.

I prepay at an off site Ft. Lauderdale parking facility when I cruise out of there however they discount $1 or $2 per day depending upon how early you prepay. Too bad the port doesn't give you a discount for the prepay.

Does anyone know the procedure for handicap parking on a back to back cruise. I have sent e-mails and made calls to several numbers at the port and left messages with no response. I would hate to be required to move the car between cruises. It has never been a problem at any other port but have always had to pay and usually do either a stay and cruise package or off premises parking.

Does anyone know the procedure for handicap parking on a back to back cruise. I have sent e-mails and made calls to several numbers at the port and left messages with no response. I would hate to be required to move the car between cruises. It has never been a problem at any other port but have always had to pay and usually do either a stay and cruise package or off premises parking.

If you're booked on B2B cruises, I doubt you'll have any problem since there is no charge for vehicles with the valid handicap placard or license plate. They will verify that the person it's issued to is with the vehicle though. I suspect they will also want to see your two cruise documentation.