New York Pass ?????

sean of the seas

hi

we will be in manhattan 23/26 nov and will be doing all the touristy bits just booked ESB tickets online $76 for 2.. Then i have just noticed newyorkpass and it looks a very good deal, but am wondering if it looks too good to be true it probably is. has anyone used this pass that could put this brits mind straight as to buying one.. $89 for 3 days looks a steel..:confused:

cheers sean

I think they are the museum / tourist attraction package tickets -- you get into so many museums for a lower price than buying each one seperately. I have purchased them (under other names) in other cites & found them to be worth the money if you go to all the things. The minute you skip something, you lose money.

Don't know if this would still be a good deal for you, since you've already bought ESB tickets, but there is also a "City Pass" [for several different cities] that sounds like a better deal than the New York Pass you mentioned.

For $53 adult, $41 kids, you get admission to six attractions [Natural History museum, Guggenheim, MOMA, Intrepid Sea/Air, Circle Line and ESB]. You have nine days to use the pass and can buy it on-line or at any of the attractions. The website is very informative - I'll put it here, but sometimes TPTB "erase" those, so if it's not there, just type in the name of the pass, without the space, and then .com. [it's http://www.citypass.com.] The site has lots of info about each attraction, maps, and how to get around, etc.

Hope you have fun in New York!

There is an article about these passes in the November issue of Conde Nast Traveler. They didn't have specific info on NYC which surprised me. In some cities it was worth it; in others it was not. The point was you have to do the math to find out if you are getting a deal.

Archived