Live from the Sun, sailing of Nov 13th

deborahdarling

Hi All,

We are here and can confirm that Cozumel is on the itinerary for tomorrow! That being said there are a total of 4 ships due in tomorrow (upwards of 7000 people) and everyone is tendering so whether we actually make it into Coz is another question!

Ship is pretty- and all the staff we have met are very nice- genuine- not fake. We are in BB 9243- good size with balcony- and yes- the chairs are tiny and uncomfortable. Lots of storage space, small tv with pretty good picture, dvd player. The drinking water is very goood- don't slog your own on board.

Had our CC meet yesterday- nice to recognize others as you walk around.

Let me know if you have questions and I will try to answer!

Debbie

We too are on the 12/11 SUN cruise and want to hear everything you have to share.

Were you able to make alternative dining arrangements at the specialty places from your cabin or did you need to stand in line somewhere?

What was the earliest time they allowed you to embark?

Do passengers get to board when they get there or must they wait and then board according to cabin catagory?

We are wondering also about WellWishers.

Thanks in advance!!

We too are on the 12/11 SUN cruise and want to hear everything you have to share.

1. Were you able to make alternative dining arrangements at the specialty places from your cabin or did you need to stand in line somewhere?

2. What was the earliest time they allowed you to embark?

3. Do passengers get to board when they get there or must they wait and then board according to cabin catagory?

4. We are wondering also about WellWishers.

Thanks in advance!!

I will also be on the Sun's 12/11/05 cruise. To answer some of your questions:

1. Yes, using the phone in your cabin.

2. Usually around 12 noon.

3. You'd be able to board as soon as they process you.

4. What's WellWishers?

Electricron - they are also talking about this on our roll call thread........some of our fellow cruise mates have already ordered - some seem to have used them before.

Their rates aren't inexpensive compared to going in someplace and purchasing the liquor but it's less expensive than buying everything by the drink onboard and you can be guarenteed that it will be in your cabin to partake in before departure.

Hey All,

Well back from Cozumel. It took a beating. Lots of vegetation gone- along with the piers. Probably about 70% of the shops were open. The rest boarded up or under construction. Spoke to some folks who went snorkeling and the reef was pretty smashed up. Tendering went very well- a total of 4 ships in port but very smooth. The atmosphere is a little subdued but you can see that it will come back in time. I think it's wise to treat people here gently- they've had a tough time. It was nice to be able to contribute a bit to the economy (and those $1.50 beers are a treat!)

Looks like others have answered most of the questions posted here. As Latitudes members we were boarded by about 11.15am. They check you in on beard in the Stardust. We saw folks arriving as late as about 4.15. It's a fairly long walk to the ship so check all your heavy luggage!

Roatan tomorrow- and cave-tubing. If you don't hear from me again you'll know why.... :cool:

We're home (boo-hoo!)

Had a great cruise on the Sun in spite of a couple of rainy day (and 14 foot waves along with gale-force winds...). Here is some info-

PROS:

-Wonderful cabin stewards- throughout the ship

-embarkation and disembarkation were both quick, easy and hassle-free

-Very friendly crew

-Really good entertainment (the comedian, Fred Klett, was hysterical)

-Wonderful Tapas in Las Ramblas along with yummy sangria

-Nice clean saltwater pools and whirlpools- 4 of them all clustered together so there was always a spot available

-the blues duo (Rick and Vince) were great- Observation Lounge

-a pretty good variety of activities

-large cabin with a good amount of storage space- and the fridge was handy

-really good tap water

-lots of towels and deck chairs

-very clean ship, well-maintained

-good food at the "Great Outdoor Cafe" buffet, deck 11, aft, port side

-decent food at the Garden Cafe

-East Meets West and Le Bistro- very good food (first night along with 3rd night is 1/2 price)

-decent choice of dvd's to rent- and every cabin has a player

-loved the duvet (hidden under the uggo bedspread)

-nice feather pillows (ask as soon as you board)

-great library and games room

CONS:

-drinks were very expensive

-bingo was very expensive

-pictures were very expensive!

(You do expect stuff to be pricey but I felt these were all a little over the top- most folks felt ripped off)

-main dining rooms were mediocre (disappointing)

-as mentioned by others the chairs on balcony were sized for a 12 year old child

-directional signage (fore/aft etc) on the ship could have been better

-small showers- but good water pressure and hand-held shower

-tv very small (I know- who watches tv on vacation?... I do!)

That's all I can think of for now. Overall if you want a nice ship with a friendly staff and good entertainment the NCL Sun is a good choice. Food was good in certain areas- very ordinary in other areas- not a cruise for gourmands. Lots of age groups- a nice mix of people.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Debbie

I was also on this cruise and feel much the same as Debbie. I have a few extra comments and maybe suggestions and a warning or two, and how easy it was to get liquor on board. I'll try to post tomorrow.

Short term----- I enjoyed the cruise

Long term------ It's doubtful I will ever sail NCL again. Just too many hassels.

Archived